Nowadays printer device has become a necessity for all offices and even students. In this article, you will learn about Canon Printer Setup on MAC. Here you will get information step by step on how to Connect Canon Printer to Mac.
We have segregated the entire mac setup process into different parts.
- Connect Wireless Canon Printer with Wi-Fi Network.
- Connect Canon Printer To Mac Using Wired Connection.
- Wireless connection without CD on Mac
Steps to Connect Wireless Canon Printer with Wi-Fi Network.
Below are steps to be followed to connect Canon Printer with Wi-Fi Router.
- Switch ON the Canon Printer.
- Press and hold the Wi-Fi Button now. Wait for the indicator to blink the light.
- Your Canon printer has started searching for a Wi-Fi network.
- The indicator light will keep blinking while the Printer is searching for a Wi-Fi network.
- When the light end begins to blink, it indicates that the Printer has been linked to the Wi-Fi device.
- Now indicator light will remain lit. Now, internet connection is set between the Printer and the Wi-Fi router.
Connect Canon Printer To Mac Using Wired Connection
Follow these steps to connect Canon printer to MAC using wired connection:
- Download the Canon printer driver from Canon’s website. Thereafter install the driver by following the on-screen instructions.
- Now connect the USB cable of your printer to your Mac device and printer.
- Once the driver installation completes, click on the ‘Apple’ menu and select ‘System Preferences’.
- Select and open the ‘Printers and Scanners’ option.
- Add your Canon printer by clicking on the ‘+’ option.
- Here select your Canon printer model from the list of available printers and click on ‘Add’.
- Keep following the installation process. Your printer setup is now finished and you can enjoy the printing experience.
Wireless connection without CD on Mac
Below mentioned steps will fully guide you to install the Canon printer without CD on Mac.
- Firstly open www canon com ijsetup website and enter your printers model number on the screen. Thereafter click on “Drivers & Download” option and select continue.
- On the next screen asking for your name and password, type your password to enable the helper tool to be installed. Thereafter click on “Install” option.
- On the next screen, click on Next. The next screen will ask you to select the type of connection between USB or wireless connection. Select “Wireless connection” from the two.
- Here at this step ensure that the power lamp is turned on and hit the “Next” button. On the next screen select “Connect to the Network”.
- Once the “Connection via cableless “ screen appears, hold down the printer’s wifi button until the orange alarm lamp flashes twice. Thereafter release after the second flash.
- Here confirm that the blue wifi lamp flashes quickly and the green power lamp is lit. Click next
- On the next screen that appears, select your current region and hit Next.
- On the subsequent screen that appears select your place of residence and hit “Next”.
- Click “Yes” to agree to end the user license agreement on this next screen.
- Click “Add a printer” from the next screen that appears.
- From the next screen, select your Canon printer model driver version and select “Add”.
- As the very last step, click “Next “ to finish the setup process!
This article will assist users in connecting their Canon printer with Mac. Hope this article is helpful to you. Thank you!!