Do you find difficulty in connecting Chromebook to a wifi printer? Well, that’s not at all a difficult job as long as you know to use the WiFi printer driver for Chromebooks. Optionally, you can use a Chrome extension or a Google service, or directly let your Chromebook recognize the printer. Keep on reading this article to understand how to use the WiFi printer driver for Chromebooks.
Steps to set up Wi-Fi Printer Drivers on Chromebook
You can use a USB cable to connect a printer and your Chromebook. Moreover, you can also print from a tool (connected to your IP address). All you have to do is turn the device on and set it up with your Wi Fi network. To add a printer to your Chromebook, follow these steps:
- Within the lower right corner of your screen, select the time.
- Click on the Settings gear in the pop-up menu.
- Select Advanced.
- Select Printers (this is under Advance and on the left).
- Click add printer.
- Proceed to the select-your-printer icon and then connect the printer.
Tip: If your printer does not appear, try restarting your Chromebook’s WiFi.
Different Methods to Use the WiFi Printer Driver for Chromebooks
Method 1: Using the Google Cloud Print system
Another way to use the WiFi printer driver for Chromebooks is via the Google Cloud Print service. For this, you need to follow the given steps:
- Launch the installed Chrome browser on your system.
- Type and enter chrome://devices in the address bar of the browser.
- Now, under New devices, locate your printer and click on Manage.
- As the Confirm registration box appears, click on the Register option.
- Further, follow the on-screen instructions to finish registering.
Google Cloud Print is a service available mostly for cloud-ready printers, that connects your printer to the web. Similarly to the previous method, while you’re logged in to the same network as the printer, you should be able to see it and print any document.
Unlike the Chrome printer extension, Google Cloud Print includes a wider selection of compatible printers. Your printer must have the Google Cloud Print feature for you to be able to use this service.
Method 2: Directly connecting wireless printer to Chromebook
Another great method to use printer drivers for Chromebook is a direct connection. For this, you have to follow the given set of steps:
- Firstly, launch the Settings menu from the Quick Quick Settings Panel shown at the right lower side of your screen.
- Enter print into the search box. Here, select Printers and then Add Printer.
- Select the printer’s name in the list that appears and click on Add.
- If your printer is an older version and does not show in the list, do the following additional steps:
- Choose the Add Manually button. Set the desired name for your printer.
- Enter its IP address into the Address box (This information is somewhere in the printer’s display menu, or in its network or wireless configuration settings).
- Click on Add option. Next, type in your printer’s manufacturer along with the model and then click Add again.
How to Update Your Chromebook?
Your Chromebook printing endeavor may also fail because your operating system has not been updated in a while. When your Chromebook is set to download updates automatically, then:
- There’ll be an “Update” notification accompanied by an arrow pointing downwards on the screen.
- Click on there and select “Restart to Update.” This will finish up the installation process.
- The Chromebook will then restart.
That’s all. Press Ctrl-P from any browser tab or document to get the print you want. So, with these above-discussed methods, you can conveniently use the WiFi printer driver for Chromebooks.