The main reason why the printer goes offline is the inability to communicate with the operating system. But there can be many reasons why your printer is offline. You can troubleshoot the real reason by following these steps.
- Turn off the printer and wait 30 seconds before turning it back on.
- Now check that your printer and your computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Check that your printer is selected as the default printer on the computer.
- Remove and re-add the printer.
- Clear all print commands in the queue.
After completing all the steps mentioned, restart your computer.
Note: The troubleshooting guide described here can be used with all types of printer brands you can find such as Canon, HP, Brother, Epson, Samsung, Lexmark, Ricoh, Toshiba, Konica Minolta, etc.
How to change printer status from “Offline” to “Online” in Windows?
Check if the printer is on. After that connect to the same Wi-Fi network as your PC. Your printer’s built-in menu should show which network it is connected to, or check your printer’s manual for more information.
Related Post :
how to fix printer offline canon