HP printers are one of the popular devices, which are known for offering quality printing and scanning of documents easily and hassle-freely. However, most of its users are having issues with their HP printers, not printing. If the hp printer not printing So make sure that the printer has enough ink or toner to print. No error message or blinking light is displayed on the printer control panel. Fix any errors before using the printer.
In case, you are getting the issue of your HP printer not printing, you must follow our troubleshooting steps down below and resolve your persisting issue – such as the HP printer not printing in color immediately.
Steps to Fix HP Printer
Restart your HP Printer:
In the troubleshooting process of your HP printer, the printing problem is easiest, and the first troubleshooting method is to restart your printer. Follow these easy steps to restart your Hp printer.
- First, turn off your HP printer completely.
- Unplug all the power cords of your HP printer.
- Wait for around 30 seconds, and plug back the power cord of your HP printer.
- Power On your HP printer.
After completing the following steps, you need to print a paper to check whether it is printing. If you will find it is printing well, then it is ok. But if it doesn’t, then move towards another method.
Sometimes the printing issue will arise because of improper connectivity or connection; the wrong connection will prevent your printer from performing printing action. So you need to check all connections carefully. Follow these steps to ensure the connection of your Hp printer.
- First, turn off all your connected devices.
- Check your printer proper connect to your computer.
- The wire cable or network you use to connect your printer and computer is ok.
- If you find any fault in any connected cable or connection, then replace it with the new one.
- After replacing the faulty part and checking the connection, turn on your printer and computer.
- Now, check the status of the connection with your computer and hp printer.
So, these are the few easy steps that you should follow in the procedure of the connection checking process, and it is a must because sometimes a minor fault can create a major problem.
Remove and Reinstall your HP Printer:
You can also try a method in which you need to first remove or uninstall your printer after that you need to reinstall it again, so this method is divide into two parts first one is to Uninstall your HP printer, and the second is to reinstall your Hp printer. Follow the steps both ways in the below section.
- Click on your Start icon>>Select Settings.
- Devices>>Printer & Scanners.
- Find the Printer under Printer & Scanner, after finding your HP printer, select it.
- Now, select remove the device.
- Click on the Start button>> Settings on your system windows.
- Now, Devices>>Printer & Scanners.
- Now, select Add a printer or scanner.
- Wait for a few minutes until your device finds a printer.
- Add a local or network printer with a manual setting.
- Click on use an existing port LPT1 then click on Next
- From the left option (Manufacturer) choose the HP printer and from the left option (Printers) choose the model number & click on next.
- Rename and share your printer as you want. Click on Set as Default Printer and click on finish.
After completion of the following steps, your HP printer removing and reinstalling process both are done. But remember that this process is applicable to your wireless printer. If your printer is connected to a network, then your windows system finds it very easily.
Update or Install Printer Drivers:
If you have already tried the above-described methods, but still you do not succeed in fixing the printing problems, then you should try the printer drivers updating method. Driver support scans your system so that it can easily detect any problem associated with your computer. For updating your drivers, you don’t need any specific operating system; you can update it very easily by using your driver support. To understand, the process of driver update and installation follow these steps.
- Click on the Start button and select Settings.
- Now, Update & security.
- Select the check for Updates. Select Download and install now.
- If your windows find any updates, then it will automatically start it downloading and installing. After the completion of the procedure, your printer and system both are able to use these drivers.
So that is the complete procedure of your HP printer drivers update and after updating your drivers you will find that you are able to use your printer for printing paper in a quality form.
Restart the printer Spooler:
To get back your Hp printer from non-printing to printing state, you can try a clear and reset printer spooler method. Many people don’t know what a Spooler is. To make this process more understandable let me tell you, Spooler is a file that manages your printer printing process. So, let’s start this process by following a few steps.
- Search for Services in the Windows 10 search box and click on it.
- Inside the Services, the option finds the print spooler settings.
- Right-click on Print Spooler and click on Stop.
- Next, open the run box by pressing the Windows key + r together or by searching run in the windows 10 search box.
- Now, type or copy-paste this inside the run box %WINDIR%\system32\spool\printers and click on ok.
- It’ll ask for permission, so you need to click on Continue.
- Delete all the files inside the printer’s folder.
- Now, again, search Services in the search box and select it from the search results.
- Find the print spooler inside the services tab.
- Let it restart and then restart your computer.
After the completion of these above-described steps, the process of clearing and resetting the printer spooler is done here. If your problem is still not resolved, move to further steps to fix your HP printer printing problem.
Cancel all printing jobs:
This process is a bit difficult for you to complete but you can do it effectively by following our step-by-step process. Sometimes, tasks that you send to your printer for printing get stuck in your printer queue, and as a result, these stuck tasks affect the process of printing to your HP printer. In that case, you will need to fix your printer queue by canceling all print jobs. And your printing problem will be solved. Follow these steps to cancel a print job.
- Open Printer and Scanners.
- Select your printer and click on manage.
- Now click on the open print queue.
- Now click on Printer at the top and click on Cancel All Documents.
- Click on Yes to complete the process.
Here the process of canceling all the print queues or jobs is done. You can also print a paper to ensure that your printing process in the Hp printer is currently well going on.