The IP address of Printer is a 12-digit ID number that is very important for connecting the printer to a network or troubleshooting a problem. Without this, you cannot send any print job to your printer. The IP address is usually located on the printer but you will need to go into your settings to print the network configuration page.
Here we will see how to get the IP address of the printer.
How to Find a Printer’s IP Address (Windows 10)
- Open Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.
- At First, Right-click the printer and select Properties.
- Look in the Web Services tab for your IP address if only three tabs appear.
- In case, look in the Ports tab for your IP address if five tabs appear.
NOTE: Your printer driver will either use a WSD (Web Services for Devices) to connect or a TCP/IP port. Depending on which one it uses, three or five tabs will appear in a mini window.
using the Command Prompt (CMD)
- Open Command Prompt by pressing the Windows key and typing cmd.
- Type netstat-r, and then press Enter.
- You will now be able to see a list of network devices connected to your computer and your printer’s IP.
How to Find a Printer’s IP Address (Mac)
- Open System Preferences from the dock or by clicking on the Apple logo in the top left corner of your screen.
- Then Click on Printers and Scanners.
- Then Select a printer from the left-hand column.
- Click on Options and Supplies.
- Your printer’s IP address is a 12-digit number listed under Location.
How to Find a Printer’s IP Address from the Printer’s Menu
- You may need to refer to your printer’s manual for exact instructions, but the following steps should get you to the correct part of the menu on most machines.
- Press the Home button on the printer to display the menu: then select Preferences, Options, or Wireless Settings.
- Check the top of the next box that appears.
- Can’t see it? Continue to View Wireless Details and check there. Alternatively, try to navigate your way to networking or network setup options to find your printer’s IP address. Some printer menus may use headings such as TCP/IP, Network Status, or Wi-Fi Status.
In this article we discuss the IP address of the printer, hope you like this.