Ways to Find your Printer’s IP Address
Your printer’s IP address is a 12-digit ID number used to connect it to the internet or a device. You can find it in different ways:
How to Find a Printer’s IP Address (Windows 10)
- Open Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.
- Right-click the printer and select Properties.
- Look in the Web Services tab for your IP address if only three tabs appear.
- Alternatively, look in the Ports tab for your IP address if five tabs appear.
NOTE: Your printer driver will either use a WSD (Web Services for Devices) to connect or a TCP/IP port. Depending on which one it uses, three or five tabs will appear in a mini window.
Find your Printer’s IP address using the Command Prompt (CMD)
- Open Command Prompt by pressing the Windows key and typing cmd.
- Type netstat -r, press Enter.
- You will now be able to see a list of network devices connected to your computer and your printer’s IP.
How to Find a Printer’s IP Address (Mac)
- Open System Preferences from the dock or by clicking on the Apple logo in the top left corner of your screen.
- Click on Printers and Scanners.
- Select a printer from the left-hand column.
- Click on Options and Supplies.
- Your printer’s IP address is a 12 digit number listed under Location.
How to Find a Printer’s IP Address from the Printer’s Menu
- You may need to refer to your printer’s manual for exact instructions, but the following steps should get you to the correct part of the menu on most machines.
- Press the Home button on the printer to display the menu: select Preferences, Options, or Wireless Settings.
- Check the top of the next box that appears.
- Can’t see it? Continue to View Wireless Details and check there. Alternatively try to navigate your way to networking or network setup options to find your printer’s IP address. Some printer menus may use headings such as TCP/IP, Network Status or Wi-Fi Status.
What you can do with your printer’s IP?
Now that you’ve hopefully got your printer’s IP address handy, you’ll be able to start fixing any connection issues by typing it into the command prompt box. If you’re trying to connect new devices to your printer, you can now type your printer’s IP address into the Hostname or IP address box. Remember, the device must already be connected to the network for the printer to be able to make a connection through the router.
In this article we discuss about ip address of printer, hope you like this.