What is AirPrint?
AirPrint is a feature Apple offers to users of its portable devices including the iPhone. It allows a user to print content from his iPhone directly to an AirPrint without the need for cabling. To use AirPrint, you must have both a compatible iPhone and a compatible printer.
To use AirPrint, you need one of the following devices with the latest version of iOS. If you use a Macintosh, OS X v10.7 or later is required.
- IPad (all models)
- IPhone (3GS or later)
- IPod touch (3rd generation or later)
How to Set up Printing from Apple Device?
- Make sure the printer is an AirPrint one.
- Turn it on and connect it to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple device.
- Stay in range of the printer.
- Be ready to restart the app, printer, or even your Apple device if it fails.
How Do I Use Apple AirPrint?
AirPrint can work in different scenarios with different requirements. The device and printer use a similar network to communicate through AirPrint technology and print anything the user wants. A simple method is demonstrated below in steps to show how AirPrint works on a device:
- Make sure your printer and Mac, iPhone, or iPad are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Open the page or any document that you want to print on your device.
- If you’re using an iPad or iPhone. Access the print options by tapping the app’s share icon. If you’re on a Mac just go to File > Print.
- Now find your AirPrint compatible printer and choose that printer to print on it.
- Choose the settings for printing and click the Print button. This will print the document without any issues.
Overall, an AirPrint printer is essentially a type of printer that has the ability to print through WiFi with Apple products. If you’re looking for something really easy to use, then it’s worth getting an Airprint or Wifi printer as this can make things infinitely more simple for you. If you want to print directly from your phone to the printer, then it’s worth looking at getting one with Airprint capability.