If you are a canon printer user then surely you may face error code 2, 140, 21″ with your printing device. And it shows, there is some technical problem with your Canon Printer. But don’t worry; you can fix this error code by following some simple ways:
Steps to Fix the Error Code 2, 140, 21″ in Canon Printer
Solution 1: Stop the Process of Printing
Canon Code 2 140 21 can occur anytime but especially when you scan the documents for printing. It is most common and much easier to resolve the printing issue if you have any technical knowledge. You need to give a command to stop the printing process. Follow these steps to stop the printing process.
- First of all start with the start button.
- After that search for the control panel by Windows + R.
- Select drivers and printer options.
- Choose printer.
- Now choose the stop printing option.
Solution 2: Do a Factory Reset
If the first solution is unable to help you then don’t worry follow this method. Canon Code 2 140 21 can be resolved by performing a reset. When the user resets the canon printer to factory reset all features are turned into default and need to be modified again including – paper tray size, language, and page count.
- First of all switch off the printer.
- After that remove the printer from all power sources and wait for 30 seconds and after that reconnect everything again.
- Now switch on the canon printer and hold the resume button for 10 to 15 seconds to turn on the attention light.
- After that release, the resume button and you can see that the attention light will be flashed till the printer is restored to the factory reset.
Solution 3: Check Your Canon Printer Completely
For checking out your Canon printer completely, you need to focus on the below points:
- Re-install the updated printer driver on your computer.
- The next step would be to clean the cartridges with a wet cotton cloth.
- Press down the “Reset” button constantly for more than 5 seconds.
Solution 4: Turn off Firewall
- Go to the Start menu and click on Control panel.
- Select the option “System and Security”
- Choose the “Windows Firewall” or “Windows Defender” from the given list.
- Select the option Turn Windows Firewall ON or OFF.
- Choose the option saying “Turn off Windows Defender Firewall”
- And then press “OK” to save the new Windows Firewall changes
Solution 5: Try To Replace The Printer Cartridge
If the above solution is not effective for you to rectify the error code from your Canon printer, then you may replace the ink cartridges as due to low ink available into the container may create trouble in printing and scanning as well. Install a Canon Ink Cartridge and get rid of this error in less time and effort. To do the same, follow the below instruction stepwise:
- To replace the printer cartridge you need to know about the printer model and number.
- Switch on the printer and after that open the lid/flap that surrounds the cartridge.
- After that note down the cartridge type and model number.
- Pull out the cartridge carefully.
- Open the new cartridge by unpacking it carefully and make sure that you shake it well before installation.
- Now remove all protection layers that come with the cartridge to protect the ink dispenser.
- Put a new cartridge into your printer.
- After successful replacement tries to print a test page.
Solution 5: Reinstall the Printer Driver
- First of all, direct to the Control Panel and uninstall the outdated version of the driver.
- After uninstalling, reinstall the driver of the printer from the official site of Canon.
We will provide you with the best method to Fix Canon Printer Error 2, 140, 21″ immediately.