This article explains how to manually configure the printer using the canon mx490 printer. These steps to set up a Canon printer include the steps:
- Setup Wireless Canon Mx490 Printer
- Canon (Wireless) Mx490 Printer Setup on Windows
- Canon Mx490 Printer Setup on Windows Via USB Connection
Procedure to Setup Wireless Canon Mx490 Printer
In order to set up the Canon printer wirelessly, it is vital that the printer, router, and device (PC, phone, tablet) are on the same WiFi network. Hence, you can connect a Canon printer with a wireless router by following the below steps:-
- First of all, complete the downloading process of the driver by visiting canon’s official website.
- Make sure that the printer is well connected to the power outlet and turned ON.
- Now, open the downloaded file of the driver and keep hitting next until the option of ‘Wireless Setup’ appears on the screen.
- Select this option and go to the printer control panel screen.
- Press the ‘Menu’ button and select ‘Network Settings’ from the next screen.
- Click on the ‘Device Setting’ option and press the ‘OK’ button.
- Now select ‘Device Settings’ and tap on ‘LAN Settings’ option and press OK.
- Furthermore, choose ‘Wireless LAN Setup’ and click again on OKbutton. At this moment your printer will search for the WiFi router access point.
Note — Ensure your WiFi router is switched ON. Further, look for a blinking flash light appearing on your printer.
- Once the access point search completes, a list of available WiFi networks will appear on the printer control panel screen.
- From here, choose your WiFi network and tap on ‘OK’ button.
- Next, enter your WPA/WEP password. Make sure that you are entering your correct WiFi password on the printer screen.
- Finally, after completing the wireless setup for the Canon printer, a message will display on the printer screen stating that the printer is successfully connected with the WiFi network.
Canon (Wireless) Mx490 Printer Setup on Windows
To add your Canon printer to your Windows PC, just follow the instructions given below:
- As explained in the above section, connect a printer with your WiFi network.
- Next, open ‘Run’ by pressing Windows key + R simultaneously. Here, type in ‘Control’ and click on OK.
- Choose the option ‘Devices and Printers’ from the next screen.
- Now here if your Canon printer is already added, it will show with a green check mark.
- In case if your printer is not listed, click on the ‘Add Printer’ option.
- Next, select your Canon printer from the list of available printers.
- Click on the ‘next’ button and wait for a few moments.
- Finally, your Canon printer will be shown with a Green tick mark in the ‘Devices and Printers’ section and you can start enjoying your printing.
Canon Mx490 Printer Setup on Windows Via USB Connection
In this section, we have described the procedure to set up a Canon printer via USB for Windows PC.
- Start with downloading the printer driver by visiting Canon’s official website.
- Now, take out your USB cable which came along with the printer, and plug in one end of the cable with the printer and the other with your PC.
- Open ‘Control Panel’ from the Windows search option.
- Click on the ‘Devices and Printers’ option.
- Here, if your Canon printer is not shown with the green check mark, click on add printer option located on the top.
- Now, choose your printer model number from the list of the available printer.
- After a few seconds your Canon printer will be successfully added and will be ready for use.