The Canon Pixma mg2522 printer does not have wireless functionality. “It has only a USB connection”. Have no idea about how to set up your new Canon printer using the USB cable? You’ve come to the right place. This post will guide you through the process of setting up a Canon printer, step by step.
Make Connections to the MG2522 Printer and Wi-Fi Router
Before proceeding with this Pixma MG2522 Installation procedure, you need to make sure it is linked to your network. So, follow the steps in the following steps:
- The first step is to make sure that you have your printer turned on. Also, ensure that your internet connection is working.
- Then, hit the Wi-Fi button on the printer. In addition, you should keep pressing the WiFi button till the blue light begins flashing.
- Following this, you must hit the black button, and then look to find your WPS connection.
- This blue light is likely to continue flashing as you look for your WPS connection.
- Once the connection has been established, the light will turn steady.
- Connect your printer to the internet connection. Thus, you have successfully connected your printer to your internet connectivity.
How to Connect Canon MG2522 Using a USB Cable?
Now that you’ve read how to do the wireless setup of Canon MG2522 and connect the printer to WiFi, read on to explore the series of steps involved in connecting the printer via USB cable. Here’s how you can do this:
- Turn on the Canon Printer and ensure that the power LED of the printer is lit.
- Visit Canon’s official website to download the printer’s driver. In case you’ve received the printer driver installation CD along with the printer, you can skip this step.
- Once the device driver is downloaded, double-click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install it on your computer.
- Open the Control Panel on your computer and click on “Devices and Printers”.
- Connect one end of the USB cable to the USB port of your computer and another to the USB port of the printer.
- Select the “Add new printer” option and click on the name of your printer.
- Upon adding the printer, right-click on the printer’s name and set it as the Default Printer.
That’s all about the Canon MG2522 setup. Hopefully, the guide helps you to set up the printer by using a USB cable.