The iPad remains an ever-popular mobile tablet. Millions of users across the world use the iPad for many things, ranging from entertainment and communication to general productivity. In this guide, we’ll help take you through the process of printing from your iPad with a couple of different methods to suit your needs.
How to Print from Your iPad: A Detailed Guide
The following steps will show you how to print from your iPad with AirPrint. However, before we begin, make sure your iPad and AirPrint-supported printer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. This way, the iPad will automatically detect your compatible printer.
How to Print from iPad with AirPrint?
To add a printer to your iPad with AirPrint and use it to print:
- Open the file you want to print.
- After opening the file, tap the ellipsis icon (three dots) on the top right corner.
- From the drop-down menu, find and tap the “Print” button.
You will now see a print menu with various options available. As you can see below, my AirPrint compatible printer has already been detected and auto-selected on my iPad. To select some other printer, tap the Printer button and choose the one you want to use. Furthermore, you can make other changes such as the number of copies, color options, and more.
- Once happy with your settings, tap the blue “Print” button on the top right corner.
And that’s it! Your chosen document will now begin to print, and you can collect the same from your printer. As mentioned above, this works for most native apps, including Safari and Photos, so feel free to print any and all types of media from your iPad.
How to Print from iPad Without AirPrint?
Not all printers have the AirPrint feature, especially if they are a bit older. But if they have a wireless capability, you should still be able to print from it wirelessly – you’ll just have to download your printer’s app on the App Store. To set up a printer on your iPad without AirPrint and use it to print:
- Open your printer’s app on your device. Turn on your printer’s Wi-Fi.
- Go into your phone or tablet’s “Settings” and hit the Wi-Fi tab.
- Locate your printer under “OTHER NETWORKS” and tap on it.
- Pull up the document, image, or webpage you want to print, then hit the “Share” icon.
- You should now be able to connect the printer through the app and print.
How to Print from iPad with a USB Cable?
To print from an iPhone or iPad with a printer that can’t connect wirelessly, you’ll have to use a piece of hardware as the go-between. You’ll need a USB cable and a USB OTG (on-the-go) adapter that connects your iPhone to the USB cable. To print from an iPhone or iPad with a USB cable:
- Turn on your printer and connect one end of the USB cord to your printer and the other end to the USB OTG cord. Plug the other end of the USB OTG cord into your iPad.
- A pop-up should appear on your iPad – tap “OK.”
- Then, on your iPad, go to the document you wish to print and tap the Share button.
- In the Share menu, select the “Print” option.
- The connected printer should appear next to “Printer” on the Printer Options page.
- Tap “Print” in the upper-right corner.
Hope this article is helpful to you. Thank you!!