In this blog, we have explained the process to install a ij start canon or set up for both wired and wireless connections for Windows.
Steps for the installation of Canon IJ Setup
- Firstly you need to download the correct model drivers for the printers.
- Also, ensure the compatibility of the operating system version while downloading and loading it.
- Now you need to make a double-click on it to start with the installation process.
- You need to select the option of a “wireless connection’ from the screen
- Now, select a method for connecting the printer.
- If you have a wired connection you need to choose the USB connection option.
- For Mac users, the right password has to be entered, and then you can proceed.
- Switch on the canon printer and check the proper connections to ensure the best connectivity with the power outlet.
- Now you need to press the Wi-Fi alarm lamp key provided on the printer and hold it for some time until the lamp starts flashing twice.
- You can see the blue flashing light from the Wi-Fi lamp which ensures that you have successfully connected the printer with the router.
- Read the license agreement and accept the agreement by clicking “Yes”.
- After ensuring the connection of the wireless network with the printer, click “complete” the installation process gets finished.
Setting Up the Canon IJ Wireless Printer on Windows
- Switch on the power button of the canon printer move towards the settings option and select the option ‘Device Settings’.
- After the selection of the settings, you need to click ok and also select the option “LAN Settings”.
- For choosing the ‘Wireless LAN Setup’ option, you need to click the down arrow button once again and finally click ok.
- Now your printer will start searching for various wireless networks and you can see the blinking flash lamp.
- You can make a selection of your Wi-Fi and finally enter the password of your Wi-Fi or enter the WPA/WEP key.
- After pressing the button, “ok” you need to click the “ok” button once again for finishing the setup.
- You can access the canon’s official website for downloading the printer driver and finally, you need to finish with the installation.
- Now you have to move towards the control panel following the device and printer and finally press the “add a printer” option which is provided on the top left.
- After selecting the appropriate model from Windows, you can finally set up your printer on Windows