IJ Scan Utility is an application that can be done from scanning to saving in one go by clicking on the relevant icon on the main screen. It allows you to scan photos, documents, etc. with ease.
You can download Scan Utility using the CD that came with the package you purchased the printer or scanner, or you can also successfully install it via the official Canon support page on your web browser.
Install IJ Scan Utility using a CD
To install the Canon IJ Scan Utility setup on your device using a CD, you can follow the given simple steps:
- Insert the provided CD into the CD drive on your system. then You will see a setup dialog box appear on your screen.
- Click on Setup, and then you will see the main program window displayed on your screen.
- Now, attach a USB cable to your PC and your Canon printer/scanner to establish a connection between both devices.
- In case of a wireless printer, you can preferably establish a wireless connection.
- There appears a list of software. then tick-mark the MP drivers checkbox, which includes the Canon IJ Scan Utility software.
- Now, in the license agreement window appearing on your screen, click on Yes to give your consent.
- The IJ Scan Utility setup installation thus begins. Once done, click on Finish to complete the installation.
Install IJ Scan Utility via the Website
To install the Canon IJ Scan Utility setup on your device via the website, you can follow the given simple steps:
- Open your preferred web browser on your system and go to the main website of Canon. The Canon support page opens up on your screen.
- Open the search box and enter the model of your scanner. In case you don’t remember your model number, you can consider checking the label at the rear of the device.
- The first of the two necessary downloads is located under the Drivers & Downloads tab. Under Drivers & Downloads, make sure your operating system is selected in the drop-down.
- Now, check for the selected operating system in the Drivers & Downloads section. Choose the Select button to the right of the driver listing.
- Select Download to save the file to your computer.
- Click on the Select button and then on the Download tab to proceed. This will begin the downloading of the setup for your system.
- Now, to begin with, the installation of the software, double-click on the recently downloaded file. This will open up the main screen of the program.
- Now, ensure establishing a connection between your PC and printer/scanner, and then select the MP drivers checkbox. This will begin the installation of the setup on your PC.