When you purchase a Canon printer, you need to make sure the hardware setup of your printer is in place. Discussed below are some aspects one should remember while positioning and setting up Canon printers in their houses or offices.
Step 1: Unboxing your Ij Start Canon Setup
Unboxing your newly purchased Canon printer is as important as printing is. It needs to be taken care of and requires some considerations so as to get the ability for an appropriate setup. Given below are some points you can consider while unboxing your Canon printer:
- A Canon printer that you purchase comes in a sealed box. Remove the seal carefully and take the printer outside of the box, including the other accessories you get to connect the printer to your PC.
- Now remove the wrap around your printer cautiously, ensuring no harm to the printer.
- Then position your printer in such a way that it is near the power source and your computer so that you can get the work done effortlessly.
- Now plug in the power cable to an allotted port on your printer and the power switch on the wall.
- Now turn the printer on by pressing the power button. You will see a display light on your printer turned on.
- Unwrap the plastic cover and the seal around the ink cartridges and check if they are free from any damage.
- Next, on opening your printer’s top cover, the print head would adjust on its own.
- Now place your ink cartridges on their allotted slots carefully.
- On closing your printer’s top cover, it will start producing strange sounds implying that the ink cartridges have been installed successfully.
- Having the hardware setup completed, you now need to load the papers on which the printouts would be produced. To do this, pull the paper tray out and insert a bundle of sheets.
Step 2: Link your Canon Printer and PC
- Establishing a connection between the printer and a PC is the essential step to move forward with the further process for your printer to eventually get capable of printing. You can link your printer wirelessly to your PC by connecting both devices to the same network.
- Meanwhile, there is also an option to connect your PC and a printer through a wired network using a USB cable.
- Just connect one end of the USB cable to a USB port on your printer and the other end to a USB port on your computer.
Step 3: Download A Suitable Driver
Your hardware setup is in place, and now all you need to do is download a suitable driver for your printer to work on your PC. Downloading a driver is a simple process that follows the instructions given below:
- Connect your PC to an Internet connection and open the suitable and secured web browser on your PC.
- Then, type https ij start canon in the address field and open the search result.
- A Canon web page opens up on your screen. Here, click on the Set Up button that takes you to the products catalog.
- Next, select your product or enter your printer model in the given space. If you are not aware of your printer model, check out the label at the rear of your printer. After entering the printer model, click on Go.
- A new Download window opens up on your screen. Let your operating system get selected automatically. If it doesn’t show up automatically, select it manually from the drop-down menu. Then click on the Download button.
- As soon as the downloading gets completed, you will get the option to save the file.
Step 4: Installation of the Driver
After downloading the compatible driver for your Canon printer, you now need to install it to make your printer operable. The installation of the driver involves the following few simple steps:
- Locate and double-click on the file you recently downloaded. A Canon printer Installer window opens up on your screen.
- Complete the required verification process and click on Next. A Printer Detection window opens up on your screen.
- Since you will have your printer linked with your computer, you will be able to view your printer’s name on the screen. If, in any case, you don’t see it, check for the connections and then select your printer. A Software Installation window gets opened.
- Now, mark the available checkboxes on your screen and click on Next.
- Read out the license agreement on your screen, and click on Yes to agree.
- Next in the Firewall window, allow the installation of a driver by enabling the permit checkbox. The driver installation will then begin.
- Click on the Finish button to complete the process.