We’ve known Canon for several years now and it has quite the reputation when it came to imaging products, industrial products, and/or optical products. The list compiles cameras, printers, scanners, lenses, medical equipment, and semiconductor manufacturing equipment.
In this article, we have explained the process of setup a Canon printer wired and wirelessly on Windows.
Things to do Before Setting up Canon Printer
- Please look for the model number of your printer before the setup process.
- Make sure that your device has enough storage space for the installation of the drivers.
- Check the power supply.
- Check if your device has an active internet connection for downloading the required files and the setup process.
Connecting Canon Printer to WiFi (Wireless Printer)
For Wireless Printers
- Turn on the Canon Printer and make sure that it is properly connected to the power supply.
- After ensuring the above step, open the downloaded file of the driver setup.
- Click on the “next” button till the screen navigates you to the option to choose “Wireless Setup”.
- After selecting the Wireless Setup option, go to the screen of Canon Printer and select the Wifi Setup option.
- Navigate to the “Device Settings” and click on OK.
- Choose Device Setting Followed by “LAN Settings” and press the OK button.
- After Selecting “LAN Setting’’ go to the “Wireless LAN Setup” and press OK. Let the printer search for the access point.
- Ensure the WiFi Router has been turned off. Wait for the WiFi flash lamp to blink on the printer.
- Select your wireless network from the available wireless networks and press OK.
- If it asks for the WPA Key (WIFI Password), Enter the correct WiFi password and press OK.
- Your printer will be connected to your WiFi network in a few moments.
For Wired Printers
- Press The “Windows+R” button and you will be prompted to the ‘run’ box.
- Type “Control Panel” in the run box from the windows search option.
- Select Devices and Printers options. Your printer will be seen with a green tick mark.
- If your printer is not added yet, click ‘Add printer‘ to add it manually.
- Now your printer will be added on printer’s list.