HP Printer Error Code 20 occurs when the wrong printer is set as the default printer. Due to this your system is unable to configure the printer properly. For resolution, you’ve to check the USB cables and wire connections.
Common reasons behind HP Printer Error Code 20:
- Your printer device is not set as the default printer.
- When there are Conflicts in Device Manager.
- The printer Driver is missing.
- Not properly configured with your computer device.
How to Solve HP Printer Error Code 20?
The following two ways will help you in resolution.
Set the Desired printer as the default printer:
- Click on the Start button and select the Print and faxes option.
- This will open the printer folder.
- Check the checkmark which indicated that your desired printer is set as the default printer.
- If the printer does not have a checkmark then click on the icon and select the “Set as Default Printer” option.
- Now, try to print out something by using the application.
- If the error is still appearing, then try the next solution.
By using Device manager Re-install the USB composite device
- Click on the Start menu or press Windows + R.
- Type devmgmt.msc and hit the Enter key.
- This will open the Device Manager on your system.
- You’ll now be able to see the + sign shown next to the Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
- Right-click on the USB composite option and select the Uninstall option.
- Now, disconnect the USB cable and reconnect it properly.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and install the drivers.
- Select the Print test page and print something by using the application.
Related HP Printer Errors:
Why Does My HP Printer Say Offline?