If your canon printer shows you a warning message “Printer Maintenance Required” you are required to restore the canon printer to factory settings to get rid of that message. A factory reset will return your printer’s settings to what they were when they first came out of the box.
There are two ways to factory reset Canon printers.
- By Reset Button
- By Setup Option
Factory settings by using Reset Button
Note: All the models of canon printers have a Reset button at the back of the body of the printer which can be used to restore the printer to factory settings.
- Turn off your canon printer.
- Unplug its power cable from the power source and disconnect it completely.
- Plug the power cable back into the power source and connect the cable to the printer again.
- Tap on the Stop/Reset button.
- Tap the Power button for 5 seconds.
- Now, release the Stop/Reset button.
- Keeping the ‘Power’ button pressed down, press the ‘Stop/Reset’ button 5 times.
- Release the Power button.
Factory settings by using the Setup Option
- Press the “Home button” on the front of the canon printer.
- Use the left and right navigation buttons to scroll and find Device Settings.
- Tap OK and scroll down to Reset Setting.
- Tap Ok.
- Select the “Reset All” option.
- Choose Yes.
- Tap Ok.