We need to reset HP printer when we use the HP printer for a variety of purposes. Then, at this point, many of us face problems with our HP printers. Like when we try to connect HP printers to our devices. Then, sometimes we experience a variety of connection-related issues. So, to solve these problems we have to reset the HP printer.
In this blog, we have listed many reset options for you. Follow these steps and reset your printer with no hassles at all.
Reset HP Printer to Factory Settings
If you have never reset your HP printer, then this article will help you with the process. Let’s discuss this.
- First, turn off your HP printer and remove all the power cables attached.
- Now, wait for 30 seconds, and reconnect the power cables to your HP printer.
- Switch on your HP printer and press and hold the resume button for 10 to 20 seconds.
- The attention light on your HP printer will glow. Now, release holding the resume button.
- The printer will now start to reset to the factory settings.
Reset the Password of your HP Printer
The password of your printer with the set of steps listed below:
- Switch on your HP printer and press and hold the Wi-Fi and cancel buttons.
- Download HP Smart App on your PC or smartphone to change the password.
- Go to the HP Smart App and then tap on the printer setup menu.
- Now, choose advance settings and tap on the “settings and security” option.
- Choose password settings and get an on-screen password setup wizard.
- Type your new password and tap yes to confirm the changes.
Reset the Network Settings
Reset The network settings of your printer by following the steps given below:
- First of all, make sure that you tap the power button to power the printer.
- Now when the printer is successfully turned on, disconnect the power cord from the back of the printer.
- After disconnecting the power cord from the power socket, wait for at least 15 seconds.
- Now, again plug in the power cord to the wall outlet and also reconnect it to the back side of the printer.
- Wait till the printer turn it on by itself, then press the Power button to turn it on.
- Now. print a test sample to check if the printer is in a working state.
- For this, insert the plain white paper into the input paper tray to check the printer is working properly.
All the steps listed above will help you reset your HP printer with ease. Follow these instructions and reset your HP printer in no time.