Printers have become an essential part of our lives. Be it work at the office or assignments for your school/college, in the current times; we use printers more than ever before. Printer ink cartridges need to be replaced properly to ensure high-quality prints. It’s also important to have a fresh batch of ink cartridges if you’re working on an important project. But in case you suddenly run out of black, you can continue printing with your printer.
In this article, you will learn how to make a printer print even without black ink! So, without any further delay, let’s get started!
Steps to Print Without Black Ink in Windows
If you are using your printer with a PC, then please ensure that you follow the steps as under correctly to print, even if the black ink runs empty;
- To begin, go to the control panel and click on the ‘devices and printers‘ option.
- The next step is to locate your printer’s model.
- Would you please right-click on the icon to see the menu once you’ve found your printer.
- You must select ‘printer properties‘ from the drop-down menu.
- The ink set may be found under the properties tab, and be sure you select the ‘colour‘ option.
- When you see that the black ink cartridge is empty, you must choose the ‘colour set‘ option.
- Please make sure that you click on “apply” to save all of your changes.
Steps to Print Without Black Ink in Mac
If you use your printer through Mac, then you have to ensure that you follow the steps below sequentially, to keep printing on the printer without black ink with the use of monochrome;
- Firstly, as mentioned earlier in the ‘for windows’ section, you have to stop the printing process for a while.
- Please open up the dialogue box once you are in the ‘printer utility.’
- Next, you have to open the ‘driver settings.’
- Please make sure that you make a click on the ‘permit temporary black printing’ option.
- Next, you navigate to the print settings, where you have to select the ‘plain paper’ as type settings.
- Next, you have to select the ‘grayscale’ option.
- Finally, please ensure that you click on ‘OK’ to apply the settings.
It’s best to store extra cartridges and keep an eye on your printer’s ink levels constantly. If you decide to purchase a new printer, try purchasing corresponding cartridges as well. In this guide, we have tried our best to brief you about how to print without black ink on Mac and Windows.