In this article, we are going to explain how to install a Printer on Chromebook. You can install it through a wireless or a USB connection.
Prepare the following things to install your printer:
- A Chromebook updated to the latest version of Chrome OS.
- A printer with ink cartridges installed and paper loaded.
- A USB cable is connected to the computer and printer or your wireless network password if you are using a wireless connection.
Steps to install Printer in Chromebook
Let’s discuss the step-by-step instructions. Please follow the following steps.
Step 1: Change printer settings.
Printers which having touchscreen or LCD control panel:
- Firstly, Turn on the printer and click on the Setup/Network/wireless menu on the printer screen.
- Now click Settings.
- Then, click on Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Select your network and type the password.
- Now just select connect and ok. Your printer is connected now.
The printer which doesn’t have a touchscreen display:
- First of all, press the cancel and wireless button simultaneously until you see the power button light flashes and wait until the light in front of the wireless button flashes.
- Find the wireless button on the back, press it and hold for 5 seconds.
- You should see the light in front flashes:
- Press the WPS or wifi protected setup button and hold the button for some time to initiate the process of connection.
- When the connection is established, wireless light will stop blinking on the printer.
Step 2: Install printer in Chromebook.
- Now go to the Chromebook click on the Clock in the right bottom corner and click on the Settings icon.
- Now scroll and click on Advanced in the bottom.
- Scroll and click on Printers.
- Click on Add Printer.
- Now you will see this screen, click on your printer name and just click on Add.
- Now your printer is installed you can start printing using the Chromebook.
Hope this article is helpful to you!