How to Install Canon Pixma Printer?
The procedure for installing a Canon printer varies depending on the printer model. You can either download the driver and then install it or use the CD-ROM supplied with the printer for the driver installation. Go through the detailed instructions given on this page to know how to install a Canon printer.
Install Canon Printer : Follow the Given Procedure
Follow the provided steps one by one to Install the canon printer in a handy way. Have a glimpse at the below points and perform the same:
Procedure 1: Install Canon Printer Without CD
- If you double-click the installation file and nothing happens, follow these steps:
- Select Start , then select Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners .
- On the right, scroll down to Related Settings and select Print server properties.
- Select the Drivers tab, and see if your printer is listed. If it is, you’re all set.
- If you don’t see your printer listed, select Add, and in the Welcome to the Add Printer Driver Wizard, select Next.
- Select your device’s architecture, and then select Next.
- On the left, select your printer manufacturer, and on the right, select your printer driver.
- Select Next, select Finish, and follow the instructions to add your driver.
Procedure 2: Install Canon Printer on Mac
- Connect your Canon printer to your Mac via a USB cable.
- If you have a wireless printer, connect it to the wireless network to which your Mac is connected.
- On your Mac, click the Apple menu at the top-left corner and select the System Preferences option.
- Click the Printers & Scanners icon in the System Preferences window.
- Tap on the ‘+’ symbol to add your printer.
- Go to the Default tab and choose your printer’s name from the displayed list.
- If you have already downloaded a driver for your printer, select it from the Use drop-down menu.
- Give a name for your printer in the Name field and click the Add button.
- If you are prompted to download new software, download it from the official Canon site.
- Once you double-click the downloaded file, the installer starts. Proceed with the installer prompts to complete the installation.
- When prompted, select the connection type. To ensure that the connection is successful, print a test page.
I hope that you find this article helpful and I as well believe that by now you’re able to install your printer without contacting canon printer support. Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more write-ups from our side.