Canon Printer is Offline? Here’s How to Fix it!
Sometimes a print command will cause an error in the printer and you will be sent offline which will prevent future documents from being printed. To solve this problem, you will have to change the printer settings from offline to online.
Steps To Fix Canon Printer Offline Error
There are several efficient methods that can help you to fix the Canon Printer Offline Issue. All such possible methods are mentioned in this blog. Hence, follow the solution one by one and try to fix the problem on your own. Have a glance at the effective steps:
Step 1: Reconnect your printer with Wi-Fi
Before trying something else start with some basic steps. Hence, reconnect your printer with wifi.
- First, ‘Forget’ the router to disconnect it from your printer.
- Then reconnect it with your printer. If you use a USB cable connection, then connect both with the help of USB. Or if you prefer connecting your wireless printer wirelessly with the internet router, then open the WiFi Wizard Setup window on your touch screen printer and connect through it.
- Press and hold your printer’s Wi-Fi button until the Wi-Fi light starts blinking.
- Once you are certain and your printer start blinking blue light, then head over your wifi router and press the WPS button.
- These methods will connect your printer with Wifi again.
Step 2: Disable the “Use Printer Offline” Option from Your PC:
- Click on the “Start” button and then type “Control Panel” in the search bar.
- After that select “Hardware and Sound” from the list of sub-categories available.
- Click on “Devices and Printers” on the window that comes up.
- Right-click on your Canon printer and click “See what’s printing.
- Click on “Printer” present from the top-left side of the screen by clicking on the drop-down menu.
- Make sure that the option “Use printer offline” is unchecked. If it is checked, then remove the tick mark and save the changes.
- Once you have made the changes, click “Cancel all documents” and try connecting your Canon printer again.
If you are yet finding your Canon printer is in offline mode, then jump to the next method.
Step 3: Restart your Printer Spooler
The printer Spooler manages all the print jobs that are sent to the printer. Try restarting the Spooler service and ensure that if this can correct the Canon printer offline issue.
- Press Windows key + R simultaneously. This will open the Run box, now enter services.msc and press Enter.
- The ‘Services’ window will get open, there you will see a list of Windows services.
- Click on any service and continuously press P until Printer Spooler is highlighted.
- Now right-click on the Printer Spooler and select the Properties from the drop-down menu.
- In the General Tab, select Stop option which you will find under Service status and click OK to save the changes.
- The Printer Spooler service will get deactivated for the time being. Now navigate yourself towards deleting the printing jobs.
- For this open Window Explorer and open C drive >> Windows >> System32 >> Spool >> PRINTERS.
- Now a pop message will show on the screen asking for permission. Click Continue.
- Now a folder will get open, close the window and go back to the General tab.
- Start the spooler service once again. Set spooler’s Startup Type as Automatic.
- Now restart your PC and check with a print test, whether the canon printer offline error is gone or not.
Step 4: Update Your Canon Printer Drivers
If the above methods don’t work, it means there is a problem with the driver of your printer. So, you have to uninstall the printer driver first and then reinstall it again manually.
You can download the official Canon setup website. After downloading the required drivers and software, follow the below steps to reinstall canon printer drivers correctly.
- Open the Run window by pressing the Windows key and R on the keyboard simultaneously.
- Now open Device Manager >> Print Queues (in the submenu),
- Next right clicks on the printer hardware and select Update Driver.
- Now the window will ask you a question- “How do you want to search for the driver?”
- Select- ‘Browse my computer for driver software, and move further.
Above mentioned steps will surely help you to fix the printer offline canon.