Printer is a technical device so while using it sometimes there are many technical glitches like printer not printing, showing offline status and many more due to which your Canon printer stops working. Canon printer users often complain that their printer has stopped responding. Through this blog, some solutions have been explained about how to fix my canon printer.
Easiest way to fix Canon Printer –
At some point every printer user faces some issues, to resolve them the very first step they perform is to rebooting computer or removing and adding printer again.
Reboot the Computer
The most simplest and basic thing to fix my canon printer is to reboot the computer. Through rebooting we can fix minor issues of printer and make it work again. Following are the steps for rebooting:
- Click on “Power” symbol from the Start option.
- Select “Restart” from the Power menu.
Removing and Adding the Printer again
Sometimes, this can also help in fixing Canon printer.
- Press and hold the Windows key + I to open Settings.
- Select Devices.
- On the left side of the screen, select Printers & Scanners.
- Click on Remove Device from the Printer Name.
- Reboot the Computer and then add printer again.
- To add Printer back, Select “Add a printer or scanner” from Printers & Scanners in Settings.
Fix Canon Printer as per your reason –
To fix Canon Printer, firstly you need to know that what is the reason behind printer is not responding. You can follow the below process if you are facing these problems with your printer.
Printer Not Printing
Follow the below steps to fix Printer Not Printing Issue:
- First of all you need to make sure that your wireless Canon printer is connected with the Wi-Fi connection properly.
- To make the printer print the documents, click on the Printer menu.
- Additionally, clean the printer head by removing the stucked paper so you can retrieve the printed papers whenever necessary.
- If required, you might change the ink cartridge as low ink cartridge problems doesn’t allow printer to print anything.
- Regularly update the canon printer drivers to well-functioning the printer.
We hope that with all the above steps you are able to fix Printer Not Printing issue.
Fix my Canon Printer when it says Offline
Although there could be multiple reasons for printer to go offline. Its important for the user to rectify the reason behind this.
- Make sure that your canon printer is connected with the Wi-Fi. (Both, computer and printer must be connected with same network.)
- After checking the internet connection restart the print spooler service. You can do it by:
- Services-> Print Spooler-> Click Stop(from right click on print spooler)
- Clear the print queue to delete everything from printers folder.
- Again right click on Print Spooler-> Start to restart the service.
- Make Canon Printer as a default printer.
- Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
- Devices-> Printers & Scanners-> Manage-> Set as default.
- Disable Printer Offline Feature.