How to Find WPS Pin for the Printer?
Do you get a prompt to enter a WPS PIN when connecting your printer to another device? First, be thankful to the printer for adding that security feature to your printer. The reason is, no one can use your printer without that PIN. Then, worry not because this article shows you how to find a WPS pin for the printer.
What is a WPS Pin?
WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) pin is an 8-digit PIN required to make a connection Between a router. wireless printers, and other devices. To establish the wireless connection on your printer, you are going to need the WPS pin. With the help of this pin, you will be able to connect your wireless printer to your device and print documents wirelessly.
There are two methods using which you can establish a WPS connection on your printer. One is using the WPS Button and the other is via WPS Pin. Before proceeding towards the connection procedure, you must know where the WPS Pin located on your printer is.
Where to Find the WPS Pin on the Printer?
You can find a WPS pin printed on the router, either on the bottom or on its side. Enter the prin to connect your printer with any device. Also, an ‘Enter WPS PIN‘ Message displays while setting up the printer. When the message displays, the PIN is temporarily shown on the touch screen of the printer or you will find it on an information sheet that automatically prints. you will get a short time approx 90 seconds for most of the printer models, to enter the PIN or it will become invalid. To generate a new PIN, you need to restart the computer and go through the printer setup process again.
Types of WPS Connections fo the Printer
There are two options available as the WPS options of your printer. The following options are required to connect the printer wirelessly.
Method 1: connect the printer using a WPS pin?
If you have a printer then you can easily find out the WPS Pin on the control panel screen, and if you wish to connect the printer via WPS pin then you need to follow the steps that are given below:
- First of all, you have to turn on the printer and restart it before moving on to the next step.
- Go to the printer control panel and tap on the “Wireless” button.
- Now, you will see the blue light will start to blink.
- On the printer screen, you will find the option labeled as “WiFi protected setup”.
- Select the “WPS pin” option, now you will see the pin will be generated on the printer.
- Remember this WPS pin will be on-screen for 8-10 sec and after this
- It is important to understand that you can generate a new pin (if it’s not working).
- Just enter the WPS pin for the printer on your computer screen.
Method 2: connect the printer Via WPS Button
Given below are the steps to be undertaken to connect the printer using the WPS button:
- If your printer is Off, then turn the printer ON, or if it is ON then Restart it before moving to the next step.
- Now take a look at the printer you will find a wireless button or Icon.
- Press the Wireless Button on the printer.
- After that, you will see a Blue or Green Light start flashing.
- Go to your wireless Router, at the backside of your router, you will find a WPS Button.
- Press and Hold that WPS button for 3-4 sec, WPS light will start blinking on the router itself.
- Wait for 2-3 mins Both the lights on the printer and Router stop blinking.
- Now Your printer is wirelessly connected to the computer.
Wi-Fi Protected Setup PIN helps secure the wired or wireless connection of your printer with other devices. Apart from making the connection process fast, the WPS application protects your printer usage from unauthorized people. Following the above steps will help you locate where is the WPS pin on my printer easily.