Connecting a printer to Chromebook is so simple. It just takes a few steps, and you can quickly print your documents from your Chromebook. You can easily add a wireless printer over a Wi-Fi network or use the cable to connect the printers to your Chromebook. Let us proceed to the procedure on how to connect a Printer to Chromebook.
Step 1: Connecting to the Internet
Printers are compatible to connect with the Internet. You can either connect it using the built-in Wi-Fi button or can connect it using the Wired connection.
- Turn on the Printer by pressing the Power button.
- Follow the instructions given in the manual to set up the connection to Wi-Fi or Wired Network.
- After connecting the Printer to the Network, turn on the Chromebook and sign in using the same network.
- Make sure that the Chromebook and Printer are connected on the same Network.
Step 2: Add Printer to Chromebook
- Open the Chromebook and click the Profile Icon of your Chromebook Profile.
- Select the Settings option from the Profile menu.
- At the bottom of the page, you would see the Advanced option, click that option.
- You could see a Printing section here, select the Printers option from this page.
- Select Add Printer option.
- Since we have already turned on the Printer, you could see the name of the Printer you recently connected to the Internet. Select it out by clicking on its name.
- You can also add your Printer manually by selecting the option Select a printer manufacturer and model option.
Steps 3: Start Printing
- To print the page, image, or document you are viewing, press control + P.
- Next to “Destination”, select the down arrow. Please select See more…
- Select the desired printer. If your printer isn’t available, choose Manage. Add the printer.
Tip: Some printers will automatically appear in this list. If you don’t see your printer listed, you can select Manage.
- Please select Print.
How to Connect Printer to Chromebook Manually?
Due to some reason, you will not be able to locate the name of your Printer in the list presented by the Chromebook.
In this case, you have to connect the Printer with the manual method. The required steps to connect a Printer to Chromebook manually are listed below:
- Turn on the Chromebook and click your Profile’s Icon to open the Settings menu.
- Select the Settings option and then click the Advanced option to open up the Advanced Settings for the Chromebook device.
- Choose the Printers option from the Printing section of this page and then click the Add Printer option.
- Select Add Nearby Printers to add the Printer manually to the Chromebook.
- To do so, you have to add the Printer’s information manually. The fields will be asked to enter the details of the printer such as the name of the printer, the IP Address, etc.
- You can get the details about the printer right from the user manual. You can also get the information about the printer from official website by entering the name or the product code.
- After entering the details manually, select the Add button to add the printer.
Connecting a Printer to a Chromebook is a bit of an easy process; however, in some cases, it takes hours of your time. Hope this article is helpful to you. Thank you!!