How to Connect Wireless Canon Printer to Computer?
Here, in this blog, we have identified the common problems that occur while connecting along with expert-advised solutions. We would recommend you to read this blog to know how to connect Canon Printer to a computer.
Let’s get started…
The first thing that you need to do is to unbox the printer and assemble all its parts as given in the handy manual. Once the device is ready for configuration, plugin its double-pronged end of the power cable to the nearest outlet. Once the device is turned on, you can start with the process of connecting the printer to the computer.
How to Connect the Wireless Printer to Your Wi-Fi?
Wireless printers work over a network connection. If you use the printer at home, this would be your wireless internet connection. If you work in an office, it’s your office network.
The directions for connecting your wireless printer to your Wi-Fi network vary depending on the manufacturer. So, before you begin, read the printer manual and follow the manufacturer’s directions to connect the printer to a Wi-Fi network.
Configure Internet Access on the Printer
These are the general steps to connect a wireless printer to a Wi-Fi network:
- Power on the Wi-Fi router and the computer. Power on the printer.
- On the printer control panel, go to the wireless setup settings.
- Select the wireless SSID of the Wi-Fi network.
- Enter the Wi-Fi security password. The password is the WEP key or WPA passphrase for the router.
- The wireless light on the printer will turn on when the printer connects to the Wi-Fi.
How to Connect a Printer to a Computer Wirelessly
After the printer has access to the Wi-Fi network, add the wireless printer to your computer.
- Power on the printer.
- Open the Windows Search text box and type “printer.”
- Select Printers & Scanners.
- In the Settings window, select Add a printer or scanner.
- Select your printer and add device
- Wait while Windows sets up the necessary drivers and adds the printer to the computer.
- Windows might prompt you to install additional software. If so, select Get app to download and install the software.
- When the setup is complete, the computer prints to the wireless printer without being connected to the printer with a USB or printer cable.
- If Windows didn’t recognize the printer, go back to Printers & Scanners.
- Select Add a printer or scanner, select The printer that I want isn’t listed.
- In the Add Printer box, select Add a Bluetooth, wireless, or network discoverable printer and choose Next.
- Select the wireless printer and choose Next, close the Settings when you’re finished.
Using the above steps, you can connect the printer to the computer through a wireless connection.