How to Connect iPad to a Wireless Canon Printer?
This article will learn how you can connect your iPad Air to your wireless Canon printer and print your documents/images quickly without any difficulty. So let’s get started!
Steps to Connect iPad to a Wireless Canon Printer?
The process of connecting your iPad to a Canon printer via a wireless connection is straightforward. However, please make sure that you follow the steps mentioned below carefully to avoid any interruption;
- First and foremost, you have to tap on the App Store icon on your iPad or any other IOS device.
- Please type in ‘Canon print in the search bar,’ you will see the Canon printer’s app showing up.
- Next, you have to touch on the download symbol and wait for a while until the app gets installed on your device.
- When you have successfully installed the app, please move on to setting up your Canon printer.
- Setting up your printer involves the basics; you must make sure that you switch on the main power plug and turn on the printer. Then, the green light of the power button on your printer confirms the functional printer.
- Next, you have to look for the blue wi-fi light on your printer. Usually, the blue wi-fi light should flash. However, if it is stable, you have to press and hold the wi-fi button until you see the blue light flashing twice. Then you can let go of the wi-fi button.
- Next, you have to move back to your device and open the Canon print app. You will see a list of instructions to follow on your screen.
- When you open the Canon print app, you will see the ‘Canon printer’ icon that you need to touch, and next, you have to touch the ‘register printer’ option.
- Next, you have to touch the ‘printer setup, next, you will see the ‘connect via wireless router’ option on your screen; please tap on it to select.
- You will see another screen popping up on your device, which says to connect your device Wi-Fi to Canon_ij_network.
- To connect your IOS device Wi-Fi to Canon’s network, please open the general settings on your device, and tap on the ‘WiFi’ option. You will see a list of different wifi networks available. First, however, you have to select the ‘Canon network.’
- Would you please move back to the Canon print app and tap on ‘ok’ to continue? Next, you need to select to wireless network name that you wish to use.
- Please type in the password for your wireless network, and touch ‘OK.’
- You will see a message that says that your printer has received the Network settings sent in by your IOS device. Please make sure that you tap ‘ok.’
- You have to be a little patient and wait while your printer is being detected. Then, when you see your printer’s name, please tap on it.
- If you have followed all the steps mentioned above correctly, you will see that your Canon printer and iPad Air will build a connection.
Ways to Print a Document on an IPad
If you are wondering how to instant setup Canon Wireless Printer on IPad, then always opt for the AirPrint option. There are other alternatives if your Canon wireless printer is not AirPrint enabled. But most current Canon models support the AirPrint option. To print a document from your IPad, open the app from where you want to print.
You have to choose the share option and select the print option. Then choose the Canon printer from the dropdown menu comprising various printers. You can select other options like the color, number of pages, etc. while printing from the IPad. So as you can see, there are various ways with the help of which you can take printouts from your IPad by connecting it to the Canon printer. Make sure that you follow the steps properly to avoid facing any issues.