If you want to print from an iPad, you must have a Connect iPad to Canon Printer (AirPrint). And make sure that both the iPad and printer are connected to the same frequency network. A printer is a technology that lets you print high-quality through AirPrint-compatible printers via wireless LAN without having to download or install drivers.
Connect iPad to Canon Printer (AirPrint)
- Make sure you have an AirPrint printer. Your iPad must be connected to an AirPrint-compatible printer in order to print.
- Turn on your Canon printer. Make sure the printer is plugg into an electrical outlet, then press the “Power” button on the printer.
- Disconnect the printer’s Bluetooth or cable connection. To connect to your printer via AirPrint, your printer cannot be connected to your computer via Bluetooth, nor can it be connected to a router via an Ethernet cable.
- Connect your printer to Wi-Fi. If your printer is not already connected to a Wi-Fi network, use the printer’s menu to select a strong Wi-Fi connection.
- Open your iPad’s Settings. then Tap the Settings app icon, which looks like a gray box with gears on it.
- Tap on Wi-Fi. It’s on the top-left side of the screen. Doing so will open your iPad’s Wi-Fi menu.
- Evidently, you are connected to the same network your printer is connected to. Your iPad must be on the same wireless network to which you connected your AirPrint printer
- Stand near your AirPrint printer. For optimal results, you’ll want to stay within a few feet of your printer, although it’s usually safer to put the printer in another room.
Printing with AirPrint
- Open the app you want to use. then Tap the app icon for the app in which the item you want to print is located.
- Open the page or document you want to print. For example, if you’re printing from the Photos app, you’ll tap the photo you want to print.
- Tap the “Share” icon. It’s usually in one of the corners of the screen, though you may find it in the URL bar or the ⋯ menu if you’re using a browser. You’ll see a pop-up menu appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Print. This printer-shaped icon is in the bottom row of the pop-up menu. Doing so opens the Print menu.
- Tap Printer. It’s a field at the top of the menu. This will open a list of the compatible AirPrint printers within range.
- Select your printer. then Tap the name of the printer with which you want to print your item.
- Tap Print. It’s in the top-right corner of the screen. Your item will begin printing.