How to Connect iPad to Canon Printer?
This article teaches you how to use an AirPrint-enabled canon printer on your iPad.
Step 1: Connecting to AirPrint
- Make sure you have an AirPrint printer. Your iPad will need to be connected to an AirPrint-compatible printer in order to print anything.
- Turn on your canon printer. Make sure the printer is plugged into an electrical outlet, then press the “Power” button on the printer.
- Disconnect the printer’s Bluetooth or cable connections. In order to connect to your printer via AirPrint, your printer cannot be connected to your computer via Bluetooth, nor can it be connected to a router via an Ethernet cable.
- Connect your printer to Wi-Fi if necessary. If your printer isn’t already connected to a Wi-Fi network, use the printer’s menu to select a strong Wi-Fi connection.
- Open your iPad’s Settings. Tap the Settings app icon, which resembles a grey box with gears on it.
- Tap Wi-Fi. It’s near the top-left side of the screen. Doing so opens your iPad’s Wi-Fi menu.
- Make sure you’re connected to the same network as your printer. Your iPad needs to be on the same exact wireless network to which you connected your AirPrint printer
- Stand near your AirPrint printer. For optimal results, you’ll want to be within a few feet of your printer, though it’s usually safe to have the printer in another room.
Step 2: Printing with AirPrint
- Open the app you want to use. Tap the app icon for the app in which the item you want to print is located.
- Open the page or document you want to print. For example, if you’re printing from the Photos app, you’ll tap the photo you want to print.
- Tap the “Share” icon. It’s usually in one of the corners of the screen, though you may find it in the URL bar or the ⋯ menu if you’re using a browser. You’ll see a pop-up menu appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Print. This printer-shaped icon is in the bottom row of the pop-up menu. Doing so opens the Print menu.
- Tap Printer. It’s a field at the top of the menu. This will open a list of the compatible AirPrint printers within range.
- Select your printer. Tap the name of the printer with which you want to print your item.
- Tap Print. It’s in the top-right corner of the screen. Your item will begin printing.