If you don’t know how to connect a Google Chromebook to a wireless printer, we assure you it is not such a difficult job. You can use a Chrome extension, or a Google service, or allow google Chromebook to directly recognize the printer.
We’ll explain how. Google Chromebook is compatible with most brands of printers, but depending on the method you choose, some printers require additional capabilities.
Steps to Connect a Google Chromebook to a Printer
To make this clearer to you, there is really no way to connect a Chromebook to a printer. Hence, you will need a regular Windows computer that is connected to a printer, in order to complete this step.
- Open Google Chrome browser on this computer and hit the 3 bar icon on the right side of your screen.
- Click on Settings (see image below)
- On the Next Screen, Go to the bottom of page and click on Show Advanced Settings. (see image below)
- Next, Click on Add Printers.
- You will be taken to the login page of your Google Account, in case you are not already logged in.
- Login to your account using your user name and password.
- Next, you will be redirected to Google’s Cloud Print page.
- Click on Add Printers (see image above)
Once you have registered a printer to your account, you are well set up to print anything from your Chromebook to your registered printer.
How to Print From Google Chromebook?
- Open the page, document, or image that will be printed.
- Press “Ctrl + p” to print the page, image, or document you’re viewing.
- Select the Down arrow on the left, next to Destination.
- Select “See more…”.
- Choose the Canon printer that was connected to the network.
Note: Some printers will automatically show up on this list. If the printer does not appear on the list, select “Manage”.
- Select “Print“.
- The document, page or image should now be printed from the google Chromebook.
That was easy! You just need to accept that Google Chromebooks are a different breed of computers and they can only print using the Cloud Print technology.