Canon Printer with Wifi functionality is an economical printer for your business and a smart solution for all your printing habits. It can be a cost-efficient product if used wisely. This blog will explain all the steps to connect the Canon printer to Wi-Fi. Connect the Canon printer to a wireless network and then to a PC. Start taking printouts, copies, and scans from anywhere you are and at any time.
Step 1: Connect the Printer to Wi-Fi using WPS Connection
Before getting started, check if the router has a WPS button on it. Also, look at whether it uses a WEP key or passphrase to connect to the printer.
- Click on the power button to switch on the Canon printer.
- Also, switch on the router and keep it ready to connect to Wi-Fi.
- Now, go to the control panel settings of the Canon printer and click on the home icon (A).
- Find the WPS button and press and hold the button for a couple of seconds.
- Now, choose the wireless setup menu, and click Ok.
- The printer will search for the nearby router. Find the router and click on it to continue.
- Enter the passphrase and tap on the Ok button.
- The Canon printer will connect to a wireless network, and you can print online.
Step 2: Connect Canon Printer to Wifi on Windows?
If you are a Windows operating system user and want to connect your Canon printer with your wireless connection, you need to follow a particular set of instructions to execute this procedure in a very good manner. To know how you can set up your canon printer with wi-fi in a windows user system, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Firstly, turn on your printer, Windows PC, and router
- Now from the Windows Search Option, open the ‘Control panel’.
- Next, select the “Devices and Printers” option.
- Now, select the “Add Printer” option available from the next appearing screen.
- Thereafter, a list of available printers will be shown on your screen. From here, select your Canon printer and click on ‘Next’.
- Thereafter, wait for a few seconds and your Canon wireless printer will be connected to your Windows.
Step 3: Connect Canon Printer to Wifi on MAC OS
Those who are using the Mac operating system for their canon printer need to follow a different stepwise procedure for connecting their canon printer to a wireless connection in their Mac operating system. If you are a Mac Os user, then follow the below-described steps to execute this process.
- Switch on the Canon printer, your Mac device & your WiFi router.
- Open the Apple Menu and choose ‘System Preference‘ option.
- Now, select the ‘Printers and Scanners‘ option.
- Then, from the next window, click on + sign to add the printer.
- Select your printer and add it to your available list of printers.
- Finally, now your Canon printer will be connected to your Mac device.
Therefore, for those who are using a canon printer and searching for a way to connect their canon printer with a wi-fi network, the above-described WPS Method and their guidelines are a very useful way for them. After finishing these steps, you will succeed in connecting your Canon printer with your wi-fi connection.