How to Connect Canon Printer to Mac Laptop?
Connect your Canon printer to your laptop to transform spreadsheets, presentations, and other digital documents into physical documents. In this detailed article, we will explain the steps to connect your Canon printer to a Mac laptop.
Steps to Connect Canon Printer to Laptop on Mac
If you have downloaded the Canon printer driver on your Mac device, it will also attempt to connect with your wireless Canon printer. Although that process may fail, let us take you through the correct steps and make sure that your wireless Canon printer is connected to the Mac laptop.
- Open your Mac laptop and navigate towards the top-left corner to click on the ‘Apple’ icon.
- Tap on the ‘System Preferences’ option from the Apple menu list, then click on the ‘Printers & Scanners’ icon.
- On the ‘Printers and Scanners’ screen, hover over the ‘+’ button and click on it to add a wireless Canon printer button.
- On a new screen, enter the IP Address of your Canon printer and the rest of the required details such as::
- Now, hit the ‘Add’ option and make a connection between your printer and Mac laptop.
- To confirm that your printer is successfully connected, take an exit from the Printers and Scanners window. Refresh the system and head to the Printers window again. You will see the name of the wireless Canon printer in the list of all the connected printers to your Mac device.
Connect Canon Printer to Mac Laptop Using a Bluetooth
If you want to connect your Mac device with your Canon printer using Bluetooth, this guide will come in handy. Install Bluetooth on your Mac device and print any document wirelessly to your Bluetooth-enabled Canon printer.
- Open your Mac device and navigate towards the ‘Apple’ menu.
- Go to the ‘System Preferences’ section and click on the ‘Software Update’.
- Turn on the Bluetooth of your Mac device and start your Canon printer.
- Find the Bluetooth button of your printer and long press.
- Search for the available printing devices on your Mac laptop and click on the ‘Canon printer’.
- Go to the printer’s screen and you will see a code is displayed to pair up your printing device.
- Enter the same code in the required tab of the laptop and connect your Canon printer using Bluetooth.
- To confirm that your printer is connected properly, run a print test and see if your document is printing properly.