How to Print from a Chromebook?
Canon is one of the most reliable companies for electronic items such as printers. The company offers an extensive range of printers useful and suitable for professionals as well as home-based needs. If you are new to a canon printer and want to connect it with your Chromebook, then you are at the right place.
Steps to Connect Canon Printer to Chromebook
- If you want to connect your printer to your Chromebook, it is necessary to plug the printer into the socket and turn it on. Skip this step to the cloud print step if you want to print any document from your Google account.
- Connect your printer to a wireless network. Open the printer’s menu, select the Wi-Fi network to which you want to connect, enter the network’s password when prompted.
- Connecting to Wi-Fi will vary from one printer model to the next. Check your printer’s manual or online documentation for specific directions on setting up a connection.
- Tap the time section. It’s the section with the time in the lower-right corner. This displays a pop-up menu.
- Tap the Wi-Fi icon. It’s the icon that resembles a dot with arches over it. Tap this icon to open the Wi-Fi menu.
- Make sure Wi-Fi is turned on. If you don’t see a list of available Wi-Fi networks, tap the toggle switch at the top of the menu to turn on Wi-Fi. Your Chromebook should start scanning for Wi-Fi networks.
- Tap on the same network your printer is connected to, type the network password. Type in the password you use to log into the Wi-Fi network.
- Click Connect. It’s below the password text field. Log you into the network, now you are ready to connect the printer to your Chromebook.
How to Add a Canon Printer to Chromebook?
- Click on the account icon: First of all, you have to click on your account icon which is on the bottom right corner, then the menu will appear.
- Tap on settings: You will get the setting option in your account icon, click on it.
- Click on Advanced: Click on the Advanced option that you will get to see at the bottom of the Setting option.
- Select Printers: On the printing, section click on the printer’s option.
- Add Printer: Click on the Add Printer, you will see the list of the printers which is currently available.
- Select your printer: Now look for your printer and select whichever you want to use.
- Click on Add: After selecting the printer’s name, you will find the Add button below that section. Just click on it to proceed to print any document from your Chromebook.