Connecting a Canon MG2522 printer to Chromebook has gotten a lot easier, but it still isn’t always obvious how to get started or which paths to embrace. This article explains how to connect a Canon MG2522 printer to Chromebook.
Process to connect the Canon MG2522 printer to Chromebook
Connect from the Internet
- Turn on the Canon MG2522 printer by pressing the Power button.
- Connect your printer to the network. If you need help, follow the instructions given in the manual to set up the connection.
Note: You can connect your Chromebook with Wi-Fi or a wired network.
- Power on your Chromebook and connect your Chromebook to the same network as your canon mg2522 printer.
Add your Canon MG2522 to the Chromebook
- Tap the clock in the lower-right corner of your Chromebook’s screen.
- Hit the gear-shaped icon to open its settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen, and then click Advanced.
- Under Printing, click Printers > Add Printer.
- If your printer displays, select it and then click Add.
- If your printer does not display, click Add Manually, and then follow the instructions
Print from your Chromebook
- Open the image or document which you want to print and press Ctrl + p.
Note: Alternatively, you can click the three-dot button located in the top-right corner and select Print on the menu.
- Next to Destination, click Change, and then select your printer.
- Change any desired print settings, and then click Print.
Want to connect to your smartphone instead?
- Access this URL: ij.start.canon from the smartphone/tablet you want to use with the printer.
- Tap Set Up.
- Now, enter your printer’s model name (MG2522) and tap Go.
- Tap Start, and then select Connecting to a Computer/Smartphone.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.