If you find that the printout is unexpectedly faint or that dots are missing, you may be able to solve these problems by clean HP the printhead, which ensures that the nozzles are delivering ink properly.
Clean HP print head on my computer
- Open the start menu, type control panel, and tap enter.
- Go to Hardware and Sound and then Devices and Printers.
- Choose your printer, right-click on it, and tap properties.
- Go to the Maintenance tab,
- Click Deep Cleaning and it will start the process of cleaning the printhead.
- Go to the Apple icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Tap System Preferences > Printers and Scanners.
- Select your hp printer from the list.
- Tap on Options & Supplies.
- Go to the Utility tab, and click open printer utility.
- Now, you see a Deep Cleaning option and tap on it.
Clean HP printhead by hand
- To clean your print heads, you will need the following items:
- Isopropyl alcohol
- A bowl
- Paper towels
- cotton swab
- Make sure the printer is off and unplugged to prevent damage to the device and yourself.
- Now, open the cartridge access door.
- Press in the tab on the front of one of the cartridges, and then pull it out and up to remove it from its slot.
- Lift the latch handle on the printhead assembly.
- Remove the printhead from its slot.
- Mix a 50/50 solution of warm water and isopropyl alcohol.
- Pour the mixture into the bowl.
- Using a cotton swab moistened the mixture in the bowl.
- Place the print head unit for 2 minutes in the alcohol and water mixture.
- Now, put the print head on a Paper towel to remove any excess moisture and ink.
- Place back the print head unit and/or cartridges, plug back in the printer, and try to print a test page.