If your printer is printing blurry images, leaving lines. Understand that if the print quality of the Epson printer depending on your business has decreased, then you need to clean Epson printer head. Over time, dried ink can clog the print heads, which can cause light or dark bands to appear on your printed document. Print head cleaning can clear these blockages and prevent proper ink flow.
What is a printhead? The answer is simpler than you may imagine. The printhead is a component in a printer that houses ink cartridges. It’s typically located under the cover of your printer, and it can become clogged with ink over time.
Clean Epson Print head from a Computer
- You can clean the print head using a utility on a Windows or Mac computer.
- Check whether there is any error on the LCD screen.
- Load a few sheets of paper into the printer.
- Do this:
- For Windows: Go to the Windows desktop and right-click the product icon in the Windows taskbar.
- For Mac: In the Apple menu or the Dock, choose System Preferences. Select Print and Fax, Print and Scan, then select the product and select Options and Supplies. Open and select Printer Utility in Utilities.
- Do this:
- Select head cleaning.
- Begin the cleaning cycle by clicking on Start. Here the power light flashes throughout the cleaning cycle and turns off at the end of the cleaning cycle.
- Note: Never turn off the product or open the scanner unit during the cleaning cycle, or it will not print.
- When the cleaning cycle is over, then check that the nozzle is clean. Click on the Print nozzle check pattern and click on Print.
- Check the printer pattern whether it is printing something wrong, or whether the print head is clean.
- If there is no error, then click Finish.
- If there is an error, click Clean to clean the print head again.
- If the error still occurs after cleaning the print head 3 times. Then give the product off and wait for at least 12 hours.
- Then check the print head nozzles and clean the print head again if necessary.
And if you still see an error, contact Epson.
Clean the Print Head Using the Product Buttons
You can clean the print head using the buttons on your product.
- Make sure no product lights are indicating errors. Load a few sheets of plain paper into the product.
- Firstly Hold down the ink button for 3 seconds to start the cleaning cycle, which lasts around 1 minute.
- The power light flashes throughout the cleaning cycle and stays on when the cleaning cycle is finished.
- Run a nozzle check to confirm that the print head is clean.
Manually Clean Your Printheads
Sometimes a simple manual cleaning process removes clogged ink. Before you begin, you’ll need water, alcohol, a soft microfiber cloth or paper towels, and a bowl.
- Turn off and unplug the Epson printer.
- Gently remove the cartridges. Consult the printer manual for specific information about this process.
- Gently remove the printhead tray where the cartridges sit. Consult the printer manual for specific information about this process.
- Mix a half cup of water and a half cup of isopropyl alcohol in a bowl.
- Place the printhead unit into the mixture. In case the cartridges have built-in printheads, place the cartridges into the mixture one at a time.
- Wait two minutes while the printhead unit or cartridges sit.
- Remove the printhead unit or cartridges and dry them completely with a microfiber cloth or paper towel.
- Place the printhead unit or cartridges into the printer and print a test page.
If you don’t see any improvement after cleaning the print head up to 4 times, leave the product turned on and wait at least 6 hours. Hope this guide to Clean an Epson Printhead is helpful for the improved performance of your printer.