Here’s everything you need to know about adding a printer to your Chromebook so that you can quickly and easily print documents.
Step 1: Go to the Settings Menu
- You can find your printer options under the settings menu on Chrome OS. Press the Search button on your keyboard then type “settings” in the search bar that appears. Select Settings from the results.
- Click on Advanced, located on the left menu bar.
- Select Printing under the Advanced options dropdown.
Step 2: Adding the Printer to Your Profile
The printing profile is where your configured printer settings are stored and managed to make printing on Chromebooks easier.
- In the Printing menu, select the Printers option.
- Then click on the Add Printer button.
- Your Chromebook will present you with a list of all printers that it can find.
- Select the printer of your choice then clicks on the Add button to save it under your printer profile.
Step 3: Start Printing With Your Chromebook
You can connect a printer to your Chromebook using a USB cable, or you can print from a device that’s connected to your Wi-Fi network.
- Open the document or web page you want to print and press Ctrl+P.
- Select the Destination drop-down menu and select See more.
- Select your printer. If your printer isn’t listed, select Manage
- Select Print.