Adding a canon printer to the computer is user-friendly and requires little-to-no technical knowledge. You can add a printer via USB, your wireless network, or Bluetooth. Here’s how to add canon printer to your Pc, depending on what kind of connection you want to use.
Things to do before:
- Make sure it is connected to a power source and that your computer is connected to the internet so windows can easily find your pc.
- If your printer is USB compatible, then you need to plug one end of your printer’s USB cord into the USB outlet of your computer.
Add a printer via USB, Wireless network, or Bluetooth
- Open the Start menu by pressing the windows key.
- Tap on the gear-shaped icon (Settings).
- Tap on Devices.
- In the left sidebar, select Printers & Scanners.
- Click Add a printer or scanner.
- Wait for it to windows detects your printer, and click on the name of the printer.
- Select Add device.
- If your printer isn’t on the list, select The printer that I want isn’t listed.
- Once you select this, the “Add Printer” screen will pop up.
If you want to add a local printer or network printer. To do this follow the steps,
- Go to Start menu > Settings > Devices > Printers & Scanners > Add a printer or scanner > The printer that I want isn’t listed.
- Tap “Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings.”
- Tap Next.
- Click on “Create a New Port” and select Standard TCP/IP from the drop-down box.
- Type the device type and Hostname or IP address and tap next.
- Choose your printer manufacturer and the driver for your printer model.
- Select “Use the driver that is currently installed (recommended)”
- Type a printer name if you want to. Once done, click on Next.
- Now, you will get a message that you have successfully added the printer.