Canon printers are available in several varieties that can be easily used with devices like phones and laptops and users can choose according to their preferences. There is a need for a printer for office work or presentations for high school, once you know how to Add Canon printer to laptop with a USB cable, you can sort things quickly & easily. Once the connection is established, you are ready with the printouts of your documents, spreadsheets, presentations, or anything.
Let us see how to add a canon printer to the laptop.
How to install Canon Printer to Laptop?
So let’s explore the method of how to install a Canon printer to a laptop.
- Start with keeping the printer off and use a USB cable.
- Plug one end of the USB cable into the USB port of the printer and the other one into the laptop.
- Insert the Canon printer’s installation CD into the laptop or computer’s optical drive.
- Click “Cancel” on the next prompt of the New Hardware Wizard.
- Once the CD has finished loading, follow the on-screen prompts.
- In case the CD is not running the process automatically, Click “Start”, go to Computer, and double-click on the CD/DVD icon to find the CD’s content.
- Then double-click on “Setup.exe” and run the program. Let the drivers get installed.
- Turn on the printer only when the Printer Connection screen appears. Keep following the prompts.
- Click ‘Exit’ once the wizard finishes.
The steps above explain how to connect a Canon printer to the laptop by installing the device drivers. However, if you don’t have an installation CD due to any reason, you can visit the official Canon website to download the drivers.
How To Connect Canon Printer To Laptop With USB Cable?
Let’s make communication between the two ends by connecting a Canon printer to the laptop using a USB cable.
- Turn the Canon printer off.
- Insert the USB cable’s one end to the printer and the other to the laptop.
- Turn on the printer.
- Now click the Windows ‘Start’ button and go to ‘Control Panel.
- Click on ‘Hardware and Sound’ > Devices & Printer > Add a Printer > Local Printer.
- Select the printer port for the required connection.
- Locate the ‘Canon’ printer option in the driver window and select the model.
- Select ‘Next’ after giving the printer a name.
- Now choose if you want to share the printer with other devices, and select ‘Next’.
- Decide if you want to set up your printer as a Default. Select ‘Next’.
And it’s done!
How To Connect Canon Printer To Laptop Wirelessly?
WPS setup or Wi-Fi-protected setup can be done when you have a model with the same facility. What has to be kept in mind is that the access point must have a physical WPS push button. Plus, the network must be using WPA security protocol.
- Turn the printer on. Press and hold the Wi-Fi button on the printer top till the lamp flashes once.
- The lamp next to the WiFi button also flashes blue. After this, go to the access point and press the WPS button within two minutes.
As the connection between laptop and printer appears, flashing of Wi-Fi lamps and power will stop. This is how to connect the Canon printer to the laptop using the WiFi connection.