Get ready to learn how to reset your canon printer easily and efficiently!
Resetting your printer gives you the ability to restore it to its original functionality. Moreover, this process also resolves any small or extensive technical issues, including slow printing or unresponsiveness.
There are about four different types of Canon printer resets, and we’re here to discuss them all.
- Power Reset
- Ink Reset
- Hard Reset
- Factory Reset
How to Reset My Canon Printer: Power Reset
A power reset is a soft type of reset, however, it may still be effective enough to bring your canon device back to its original state. Here’s how it works:
- Turn off your Canon printer. Then, remove the power cable from the direct power source, and ensure that your device is completely disconnected.
- Plug the power cable back in the power socket and turn the device on.
- Connect your Canon printer to the Ethernet cable.
- Perform a test print in order to see if the issue has been resolved.
How to Reset My Canon Printer: Ink Reset
Inkjet printers have a specialized built-in chip that notifies users once the device is low on ink and needs a refill. Sometimes, your Canon printer may need an ink reset instead of an actual cartridge refill. Follow these steps to reset your printer’s ink in order to restore the device back to a normal functioning state.
- Remove the ink cartridge from your Canon printer, then insert it into the main channel of the ink resetting mechanism.
- For the next step, you will need to ensure that the chip in the ink cartridge is functioning properly and is in contact with the plate on the resetting tool.
- Hold the ink cartridge gently until you see the LED light on the chip resetter flashing. Wait until the light becomes steady.
- Next, you will have to remove the cartridge from the chip resetter and repeat the process on other ink cartridges that may require a reset as well.
- Finally, install the ink cartridges in your Canon printer and do a test print to see if the issue has been resolved.
How to Reset My Canon Printer: Hard Reset
The hard reset helps you restore your Canon printer back to its default factory configuration. Here’s how to perform a hard reset:
- Press and hold the “Stop” button on your Canon printer until you hear the alarm ringing.
- Release the “Start” button only after the alarm flashes or rings at least 19 times.
- This should have restored your device to its original factory setup.
- Now, you will need to uninstall your printer’s drives from your computer network and reinstall them with the latest drivers.
- Once you have completed the reinstallation process, your Canon printer will be good to go!
How to Reset My Canon Printer: Factory Reset
The factory reset restores your printer to its out-of-the-box default setup, but there are a few essential differences between the two. Here’s how to complete the factory reset:
- Select “Setup” on your Canon printer. Then, navigate to the “Device settings” via the arrow keys and press “OK”.
- Next, navigate to the “Reset settings” and press “OK”. Look for the “Reset” option and select “OK”.
- Select “Yes”. Your device has now been successfully reset.
I hope this article about how to reset Canon Printer was knowledgeable and meaningful to you!