Let’s start by connecting your Chromebook to a wireless printer. The most important thing to remember is that your Chromebook and printer have to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Step 1: How to Connect (Chromebook)
Connect the printer to your Chromebook with a Wi-Fi or USB cable connection to complete the setup. No drivers or apps are required to set up your printer.
- Update the Chromebook to the most current version of Chrome OS.
- Connect the printer to the same network that the Chromebook is connected to, or use a direct USB connection.
- Wi-Fi connection for printers with a touchscreen control panel: Open the Setup, Network, or Wireless settings menu, select Wireless Setup Wizard, and then follow the instructions to select the network name and enter the password.
- Wi-Fi connection for most printers without a touchscreen control panel: Press and hold the Wireless button for five seconds or until the wireless light starts to flash. Within two minutes, press and hold the WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) button on the router until the connection process begins. The printer wireless light stops flashing when the connection completes.
- Wi-Fi connection for Canon Printer: Press and hold the Wi-Fi button and the Power button on the back of the printer for five seconds until the blue bar flashes. Within two minutes, press and hold the WPS button on the router until the connection process begins. The blue bar stops flashing when the connection completes.
- Wired (Ethernet) network connection: Connect the network cable to the printer Ethernet port and to an available port on the router or access point. At the printer port, the green light should be steady and the orange activity light should blink.
- USB connection: Connect the cable to the USB port on the rear of the printer and to an available port on the Chromebook.
- On the Chromebook, click the clock in the bottom right corner, and then click the Settings icon.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen, and then click Advanced.
- Under Printing, click Printers > Add Printer.
- If your printer displays, select it and then click Add.
- If your printer does not display, click Add Manually, and then follow the instructions.
Step 2: Print from the Chromebook
Print photos, documents, webpages, and emails through the Chrome browser and supported apps.
- Open the item you want to print.
- Click the Chrome browser Settings icon, and then select Print.
- Next to Destination, click Change, and then select your printer.
- Change any desired print settings, and then click Print.
So, these are the easiest steps to connect your Canon or any other printer to the Chromebook. Hope this article is helpful to you. Thank you!!