We don’t need any drivers or apps to connect a wireless printer to a Chromebook. We can connect your Chrome directly to the printer with a USB cable or WiFi, and print whatever you want. but Chrome doesn’t support BlueTooth.
Here we’ll be following a few steps to understand how to connect a wireless printer to a Chromebook.
Connect a wireless Printer to Chromebook –
- Connect your printer via wifi (optional). Use a USB connection if your printer can’t connect to the internet. Plug one end of the USB cable into your Chromebook, then plug the other end of the cable into the appropriate port on your printer.
- Make sure your printer is plugged in and turn on. In order for you to connect your printer to your Chromebook, it must be plug into a power source and turn on.
- If your printer isn’t already connected to a wireless network, open the printer’s menu, select the Wi-Fi network to which you want to connect, and enter the network’s password when prompted.
- Then, tap the time section. It’s the section with the time in the lower-right corner. This displays a pop-up menu.
- Press the Wi-Fi icon. It’s the icon that resembles a dot with arches over it. then Tap this icon to open the Wi-Fi menu.
- Ensure Wi-Fi is turned on. If you don’t see a list of available Wi-Fi networks, tap the toggle switch at the top of the menu to turn on Wi-Fi. Your Chromebook should start scanning for Wi-Fi networks.
- Tap the same network your printer is connected to. This displays a password screen for you to enter your Wi-Fi password.
- Enter the network password. Type in the password you use to log into the Wi-Fi network.
- Click join. It’s below the password text field. Log into the network.
- Now you are ready to connect the printer to your Chromebook.
Adding the Printer to Your Chromebook –
- Tap the time area. It’s the area with the time in the bottom-right corner of the screen. A pop-up menu will appear.
- Tap the “Settings” icon. It’s the icon that resembles a gear. This opens the Settings menu.
- Scroll down and then tap Advanced. It’s at the bottom of the Settings menu.
- Click Printing. Opens a list of the currently available printers.
- Tap Save next to your printer. You should see your printer listed under “Available printers to save”. This adds the printer to your Chromebook. You should see the printer listed under “Saved printers.”
Printing from Chromebook –
- Go to the page or document you want to print. Once your printer is connected, you can print any on-screen item.
- In the “Printer” section, click the default printer’s name and then select your printer from the menu.
- Change print settings if necessary. Depending on the page or item you’re printing, you may have the option of doing things like printing in color, changing the orientation of the page, and so on.
- Click on Print. It’s the blue button at the bottom of the window. Your item will begin printing.