Everybody loves their printer…until it runs out of ink or toner in the middle of a job! Prevent this frustrating situation by learning to check printer ink and toner levels on your printer!
So, how to check how much ink is left in your printer? Let’s see below!
Method 1: Check Canon printer ink levels on Windows
- On your PC, login with the admin password to access the administrator options.
- Now, click on the Start button. Choose the Control Panel option under the Start menu.
- Under this option, select the Hardware and Sound icon and further choose the Device and Printer tab.
- Search for your Canon printer and click on it to open.
- From the Printers menu, a drop-down menu will appear and you need to select the Properties option.
- Now go to the Maintenance tab and hit the View Printer Status button to access the toner level menu.
- Canon generally uses 2 different symbols for ink levels:
- “!” The symbol shows that the ink cartridge level is empty and must be changed as soon as possible.
- The “x” symbol shows that the ink level cartridge is dry and must be changed at the earliest.
Method 2: Check Canon printer ink levels in MacOS
To check the ink levels in the Canon printer in Mac, you just need to open the Canon IJ Printer Utility. The steps below will assist you in how to open the IJ Printer Utility.
- Open ‘Applications’, ‘Utilities’, and double-click the ‘Printer Setup Utility’ icon.
Note: If you are using Mac OS X 10.5.x, from the Apple menu click ‘System Preferences’.
- From ‘System Preferences‘, open ‘Print & Fax‘.
- From the ‘Print & Fax‘ window, click ‘Print Queue‘.
- In the Printer List, select the printer name you are using, and click ‘Utility‘ in the toolbar.
- Similarly, select the printer name you are using in the Printer List, and click ‘Maintenance‘.
- Now, you are ready to launch The IJ Printer Utility.
- After opening the IJ Printer Utility option, a pop-up menu will appear and you need to select the ‘Ink Level Information’ option.
- Now, you can easily check your Canon Printer ink levels available on your Mac display screen.
This article has been written as the Go-To guide to getting any kind of information associated with how to check ink levels in Canon printers.