How to Connect Canon MX490 Wireless Printer to WiFi?
If you are using a Canon printer with wireless capability and you don’t know how to connect the Canon printer to wifi, then you can follow this article for help.
Method 1: Connect Canon wirless printer to Wifi
To connect the printer wirelessly, it is necessary to connect it to the same Wi-Fi network the device (PC, Tablet, etc.) is linked to. All the users are recommended to follow the steps given below to connect their printer with Wi-Fi:-
- First, switch on the printer and Wi-Fi router. Now press the Wi-Fi button on the Canon printer until the printer does not flash the light.
- Then, tap and hold the Wi-Fi button until the Wi-Fi lamp begins to blink.
- Now, press the “On” button on the printer and again press the Wi-Fi button and wait until the network lamp flashes.
- Then the Canon Pixma will detect the Wi-Fi network. Once the Wi-Fi connection is established, the Wi-Fi lamp will begin to blink in blue color.
- Therefore, after following all the above steps, the users have established the connection successfully.
Method 2: Setup Canon Pixma on Windows Wirelessly
In this section, we will provide the instructions to set up the Canon Pixma MG2522 wireless printer on Windows PC. So, follow the below steps:-
- Firstly, the users are required to switch on their printer, Wi-Fi router, and computer.
- Then, connect the printer with the Wi-Fi network by following the steps mentioned in the above section.
Note: the users must ensure that their printer and Windows PC are connected to the same network.
- Then download the printer driver by visiting the canon’s official website.
- Once the download is completed, the users are recommended to double-click on the file.
- After this, the users are suggested to follow the on-screen prompts to finish the installation procedure.
- Then, select the “Start” button on the Windows and go to the “Control Panel.”
- After this, the users are required to click on the “Device and Printer.”
- Then, select the “Add Printer” tab.
Note: here, the list of the installed printer will get opened. The users are recommended to select their printer model, click next and wait for a few seconds.
- After this, the printer will be successfully connected to the Windows device and ready to use.
Method 3: Setup Canon Pixma Wireless Printer on Mac
Here we have listed the easy steps to connect the Canon Pixma on MAC devices:-
- Firstly, switch on the printer Wi-Fi router and MAC device.
- Thereafter, go to the “Apple” menu and click the “System and Preference” option.
- Now, select the “Printer and Scanner” option and click on the “+” sign.
- After this, the list of connected printers will appear.
- Here, the users are required to select the printer model and click the “Add” option.
- Therefore after following all the steps, the printer is successfully connected to the MAC device.
That’s all about the canon wireless printer setup. Hopefully, the guide helps you to setup a printer on Chromebook for the first time.