We have prepared a step-by-step guide on installing ink cartridges on your Canon ts5120 printer. Most printers work similarly, which means installing a new cartridge on any printer will be easy once you learn the basics.
What you need to know before the installation:
- Do not touch the chip or the ink nozzles. This can result in clogs, ink failure, and poor electrical connections.
- Avoid mixing cartridges from different suppliers simultaneously – the printer may not recognize them properly.
Steps to Install Ink Cartridges in the Canon TS5120 Printer
Canon ts5120 Printer and other similar models often come with a top lid that serves as the scanner. Below the lid is the ink tray or Carriage, which you’ll need to access and open to install or replace ink cartridges.
Step 1: Turn on your Canon Printer
- Make sure that the printer power cord is properly plugged into a suitable power supply or an electrical outlet.
- Press the power button to turn on the device.
Step 2: Open the Ink Cartridge Access Door
- Grab the handles on both sides of the printer and gently lift the lid upward to open it.
- The Carriage will move automatically toward the center of the printer in the proper cartridge replacement position.
- Wait for the Carriage to stop moving before you continue.
Step 3: Remove the Old or Empty Ink Cartridge
If the ink cartridge has a protective cover, lift the cover to release its lock.
- Press down on the empty ink cartridge until it clicks and pops out.
- Pull the empty cartridge out from its slot and set it aside for disposal, recycling, or refilling.
- Follow the same steps for installing or replacing each color cartridge.
Step 4: Prepare the New Canon Ink Cartridge
- Remove the new ink cartridge from its packaging.
- The new cartridge will either come with a blue top or black for the tri-color and black ink cartridge.
- The tri-color ink cartridge has a blue top while the black ink cartridge has a blacktop.
- Take out the protective tab on the ink cartridge. It’s a plastic film that seals the area of the cartridge that dislodges ink.
- Please avoid touching the coppered-colored areas of the ink cartridges or ink nozzles. Doing so may result in ink clogging and other cartridge issues.
Step 5: Insert the New Canon Ink Cartridge
- Hold the new ink cartridge from its side with the Nozzles facing the Carriage.
- Slide the cartridge into the vacant slot.
- Lower the ink cartridge cover to lock the cartridge into place.
- Remember to put the Tri-color ink cartridge on the left slot and the Black ink cartridge on the right side.
- Repeat the same steps for every other color.
Step 6: Close the Ink Cartridge Door
- Lower the top lid until it clicks into place.
- The ink cartridges will automatically slide back into their original position after closing the door.
- Canon ink cartridge installation / replacement is complete.
How to Change Ink Cartridge Canon Pixma TS5120?
- Before opening the front cover and the paper output tray, check if the power is still turned on.
- Then open the paper output cover after which the cartridge holder goes to a position for replacement and the headcover opens automatically.
- Thrust down the ink cartridge lock lever till it makes a click sound.
- Take out the ink cartridge.
- Then take out a new cartridge from its package and gently remove the protective tape.
- Now insert the new cartridge directly into the cartridge holder to fit in so that it touches the back.
- Remember that the color ink cartridge must be inserted in the left slot while the black ink cartridge must be inserted in the right slot.
- After that, gently push up the ink cartridge lock lever for locking the cartridge into its correct position.
- If the ink cartridge lock lever makes a click sound then get assured that your cartridge is fixed into its designated place.
- Finally, close the paper output cover.
If you find this article helpful on How to Replace Ink Cartridge Canon Pixma MX490 then do not forget to pass on the shared information to others in need.