If you have bought a new Canon Pixma TR4520 printer and don’t know how to set up the Canon TR4520 printer manual, it takes 4 methods to go from a boxed to a working printer. Let’s see how!
What do you need before setup?
- Laptop or computer.
- Sheets of A4 paper.
- A printer cable (optional).
How to set up the Canon TR4520 printer manual?
Set up your Canon TR4520 printer and then your first printout rolls out in no time. You can do this with the following methods.
Prepare your printer
- Remove your Canon printer from its packaging and remove all tape and transport material.
- Plug in the printer’s power cable and make sure it’s turned on.
- Place the cartridges and then the sheets of paper in the input tray.
Install the FINE cartridge
- Open the output paper tray and cover.
- Do not touch the cartridge holder until it stops completely.
- Peel the protective tap off the color fine cartridge.
- Install the (color) fine cartridge to the left side.
- Gently insert diagonally so as not to strike the electrical contact at the far end of the fine cartridge holder.
- Push up the fine cartridge firmly until you hear a click.
- Install the (black) fine cartridge to the right side in the same way.
- If you install the fine cartridge, then close the paper output cover.
Caution: If this screen appears 1487 error, check that the FINE cartridge is installed properly.
Install and setup the Canon tr4520 driver
- Open a web browser and search for https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/.
- Enter your printer model and hit enter.
- Now, on the driver download page, click on “Software & Drivers.”
- Now, select the operating system that you are using.
- Select the version that you want to download.
- Tap on download and your driver will start to download.
- Double-click on the downloaded .exe file to open the following screen and click Start Setup.
- The software will check to see if there are any updates to the driver and software.
- Select the region and country, then click “Next“.
- If you accept the terms of the license agreement, click “Yes“.
- If you would like to take part in the extended survey program, click “Agree“
- The following screen will be displayed for a few seconds.
- Choose “Wireless LAN Connection” and click “Next“.
Note: If you want to connect through a USB cable, then choose USB connection.
- Make that your printer is powered on and click “Next“.
- Click Next, and then set up your printer by following the displayed guide.
- On your printer, go to Settings, then to Device Settings, and finally to Wireless LAN Settings.
- Select Default settings or Setup without cable.
- Select the name of your network. This is called SSID.
- Enter the password for your WiFi network.
- Press OK.
Add a printer to your device
- Head to Start menu > Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners > Add a Printers or scanners.
- Choose your printer from the list, and tap on Add device.
- Head to Apple icon > System Preferences > Printers and scanners > (+) plus sign.
- Choose your printer from the list, and tap on Add button.