Color printers are great, but some users reported that their Canon printer won’t print yellow color. This issue mostly has to do with the ink level but can be something else as well. If you are also troubled by this issue, here are a couple of troubleshooting steps down below and resolve your persisting issue.
What to do if canon printer won’t print yellow?
Restart Your Canon Printer
One of the most common ways to resolve if the Canon Printer won’t print Yellow is by restarting the printer. Here’s how to do it:
- Press the power button on the printer to turn the printer off.
- Remove the printer’s power adapter from the electrical socket.
- Remove any USB or Ethernet cable connected to the printer.
- Wait for about two minutes and then connect the detached cables to their respective slots.
- Switch on the main power supply and press the power button of the printer.
Check The Printer’s Ink Cartridge
Check the following things:
- Ensure that the ink levels in the printer’s ink cartridge are sufficient.
- Remove your printer’s toner cartridges and make sure that you removed their sealing tape.
- Check for any damage to the toner’s memory chips.
- Examine the toner cartridges’ roller surfaces but do NOT touch the roller.
- If the roller has any damage, fingerprints, or scratches, replace the cartridge.
- If the rollers of your cartridges are not damaged, rock your cartridges gently before reinstalling them. Try a few prints and see if this resolves your problem.
Update Canon Printer Driver
Another reason which restricts Canon Printers to print in yellow color is because of improper or faulty printer drivers. In such cases, you need to update your Canon Printer driver to the latest version according to the printer model and your operating system. In case you don’t have the printer driver CD, you can download the Canon printer driver software from the official website and then install it on your computer.
Ensure Correct Color Printing Settings
Ensuring that the color printing option is enabled is important; otherwise, you will encounter issues like my Canon Printer Won’t Print Yellow. Here’s how you can check this:
- Navigate to the Start menu > Setting icon > Device.
- From the left panel, tap Printer & Scanners.
- From the list of available printers, choose your printer.
- Select Manage.
- In the next window, tap Printer Properties.
- Go to the color management tab and Tap on Add.
- Now it will open the Add Profile Association box and choose Diamon Compatible 9300k G2.2.icm.
- Tap OK to save the changes.
Why is my printer printing blank pages
Why is my hp printer not printing
Printer not printing