Let’s begin our discussion of installing the Canon Printer drivers by starting with the installation of the canon printer driver on the desktop.
Step 1: Downloading the Canon Printer Driver
- First of all, open the Canon website and click on the “Support and drivers” link and choose the “Drivers and software” navigation link.
- Now under the product category section, click on the “Printing and multifunction” option and enter your product number in the provided space.
- Choose Printers in the navigation menu. Make sure you choose your printer’s name carefully from the product list.
- Now click on ”Download drivers and software” from the Navigation menu. Choose the option you want and click on the “Download” button.
- Finally, click on “Save” and choose the “Browse” option to select a location to save your file. Thereafter click on “Save” to download the printer driver.
Step 2: Installing Canon Printer Driver
- Firstly look for the downloaded driver folder you had saved in the above steps.
- Double click on that file to initiate the installation process.
- Click the ‘next’ option shown in the setup window until the setup is completed.
- Once the setup is done you will see “ready to use’ option on the display screen.
- You are now all set to start the printing tasks with Canon Printer.
Step 3: Install Canon printer with CD
- Insert the Printer Driver Software CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive.
- Double-click the [My Computer] icon -> the CD-ROM drive icon.
- Double-click the [Setup.exe] icon to start the installation process.
- In the first dialog box of the Printer Driver Setup Wizard, click [Next].
- Read the license agreement carefully. If you agree to the terms -> click [Yes].
You are now all set to start the printing tasks with the canon printer. Hope this article is helpful to you. Thank you!!