This post will be describing all those measures so that you can try to resolve the “Canon printer error state.” and continue the printing job on your printer.
Method 1: Check Your Printer’s Connection
The first thing you need to do in order to fix the Printer in error state issue is to check if the printer is properly connected to your computer. If the printer is not set up correctly, then you may get this error on your computer.
Therefore, make sure that your printer and computer are properly connected with each other. Also, check the cable or network through which you have connected your printer to the computer.
Now, turn off your computer and printer and leave them for some time. Turn on the printer and computer and check if the Printer in an error state issue is fixed or not.
Method 2: Run the Printer Troubleshooter
Printer troubleshooter that detects and fixes printer-related issues. So, it may help you to fix this issue. To run this troubleshooter, simply follow these steps:
- Press Windows + I key together to open the Settings app.
- Click on the Update & Security.
- Go to the Troubleshoot option given on the left pane of the window.
- Click on the Run the troubleshooter button given under the Printer section.
- Now the troubleshooter will automatically detect and fix the issue that is preventing the printer from running properly.
- Once the troubleshooting is finished, restart your computer.
Method 3: Reboot Your Device And Printer
After checking all the above-mentioned things, you should try to turn it off and then restart both your canon printer as well as the computer.
After turning them off, leave them for a couple of minutes and then restart both the devices and see if the issue has been resolved or not.
Method 4: Make Changes in Ports Settings
To fix the printer in error state issue, you can make some changes in the ports settings. For this, you need to follow the given instructions:
- Press Windows + R key together, then type devmgmt.msc in the Run dialog box and press the Enter key.
- In the Device Manager window, click on the View on the top menu.
- Select the Show hidden devices option.
- Now, right-click on the Ports (COM & LPT) and choose Properties.
- In the Properties window, go to the Port Settings.
- Now select the Use any interrupt assigned to the port.
- Select the checkbox given next to the Enable legacy Plug and Play detection.
- Lastly, click on the OK button and restart your computer.
Method 5: Make Changes in Ports Settings
- Go to the Windows Search box and type Control Panel.
- Click on the Control Panel from the search result.
- Now, click on the Devices and Printers and select the connected printer.
- If the Status of your Printer is showing as Offline, then right-click on the Status and select Use Printer Online.
- Now you can see the printer status as Ready.
After doing this, check if the printer error message is fixed or not.
Method 6: Set Printer Spooler Service to Automatic
- Press Windows + R key to open the Run box.
- Type services.msc in the Run box and click on the OK button to open the Services window.
- In the Services window, look for the Print Spooler service and make sure it is in the Start state.
- Now, right-click on the Print Spooler and click on the Properties.
- Go to the General tab and set the Startup type to Automatic.
- Click on the Apply and OK button to save the changes. At last, restart your computer.
As mentioned earlier, when the Printer in an error state appears, you won’t be able to use the printer. Hope, by using these solutions you can solve the error.