Canon printer error 5b00 is caused when the ink absorber is full or because the waste ink counter is almost crossed the limits. If you have no idea what any of this means, you can look at the solutions described below. Stay connected with us, to fix all these types of canon printer errors ( 5400, 5700, 5100, 5b02, 5200, 5800, 5010, 5011, 5600, and more)
Reason – This error also occurs due to the faulty print head or ink cartridge of the printer.
How to resolve the canon printer error 5b00?
You can fix the canon support code 5b00 error by the troubleshooting guide given below.
Reset the waste ink counter
- Unplug all the power and USB cables from the printer.
- Now, open the cartridge door and press the Power button.
- Hold the Power button until the printer starts resetting itself.
- Once the green light is off, release the power button.
Tip: Continue hold the Power button while plug the power cord into the wall socket simultaneously.
- Press the power button twice and release it after the green light will blink 7-8 times.
- Close the cartridge door and try to print a sample document to see if the error is resolved or not.
Clean a Canon Ink Absorber
- Firstly, open the ink cartridge compartment.
- Wait for the ink cartridges to move all the way over, then disconnect the printer’s power cord.
- Pull the rubber frame out of the printer and remove the ink-absorbing pads.
- Place the pads in the bowl with warm soapy water.
- Rub and squeeze them to remove the ink.
Tip: When the water becomes opaque with ink, discard the solution and refill the bowl with more warm, soapy water.
- Squeeze the excess water from the pads and place them on a stack of three or four paper towels to dry.
- Check the pads every hour to determine if they are dry. If the paper towels become saturated, change them out.
- Place the pads back in the rubber frame when they are completely dry. Reinstall the frame in the printer.
- Hold down the power button, then plug the printer back in.
- Release the Power button when the printer is switched on.
- Wait five seconds and push the “Power” button again.
- This resets the printer’s internal memory and overrides the “canon printer error 5b00” error code.