Are you wondering about how to download and install the Canon printer e3170 driver? Facing difficulty in accessing canon’s official website? If Yes? Then, you are at the right place! Here, you will get the complete guidelines for downloading & installing the Canon printer e3170 driver setup file.
Step 1: First-time Set up the Canon Printer Driver
If you are using the Canon printer for the first time then you have to set up the Canon printer. Make sure that your printer is connected to the system before initiating the installation process of printer driver setup. Follow the below steps for Canon Printer Setup:
- Remove your printer from the box carefully as it contains delicate parts and unpacks the packing material including tapes all around the Canon printer.
- After that open the front cover of your printer by pushing it in a downward direction.
- Peel off the tape from the inside of the printer with the protective material.
- To remove the protective material from the backside of the printer, turn it off.
- In the next step, connect your printer to the power outlet. If you are not using the wireless connection then connect the USB cables to the computer system and printer to establish the connection.
- Close the front cover of the Canon printer. Press the power button of the printer.
- Insert the ink cartridge into your printer. Now, your printer is ready to work effectively.
Step 2: How to Download Canon Printer E3170 Driver?
Go through the below instructions step by step to download the Canon printer E3170 driver:
- Launch the updated web browser of your preference and enter the official website of canon
- Once, the main page is opened, locate the “Drivers and Downloads” display on the right-hand side of your webpage.
- Find your Canon E3170 printer model and double-click on it.
- Download the Canon E3170 driver on the computer and wait for some time.
Step 3: How to Install the Canon Printer E3170 Driver
Follow the below instructions to install the downloaded printer driver successfully:
- Search the downloaded setup file by searching it under the downloaded folder. Double-click on the downloaded file.
- Hit on the Run button to proceed with the installation process. Once the file is decompressed, the setup wizard will open automatically.
- In the next step, the wizard will show you the list of software installed into the system. You can add or remove the software by marking or unmarking the checkboxes in the software list. Click on the “Next” button to continue further.
- Now, a License agreement will display on the screen which you need to read carefully, and after reading click on the checkmark if you agree with all terms and conditions. Tap on the Next button to start the installation process.
- Make sure that the Canon printer is connected properly to the computer during installation. If it is not connected then the installation process will fail and you will have to start the installation process again.
Step 4: Setup WiFi Connection on Canon Printer E3170 Driver
Look at the below steps to set up a WiFi connection for your Canon printer:
- Turn on your printer by pressing the power button to initiate the network configuration process. Wait for some time until the power LED light turns to solid green.
- Click on the Menu button after which Network Settings display on your screen. Here, you get the option to set up the connection.
- Now, tap on the wireless LAN settings option. A pop-up window will display on your printer screen. Click on the “OK” button.
- In the next step, click on the SSID settings option and then Access Point. Choose your network name and enter the WiFi security key for it. Make sure to enter the correct key without making any spelling mistakes.
- Wait until a message displays on your screen showing that you are connected successfully. Tap on the OK button.