In this post, we’ll show you how you can download, install, and update the Canon printer driver on Windows PC easily & quickly.
Method 1: Download the Canon Printer Drivers
Follow the on-screen instructions and you will successfully download the driver for your Canon printer
- First of all, visit the official page of Canon.
- Go to the Driver section and look for the canon printer drivers.
- After that, you also need to choose the operating system.
Type the name of your model (e.g., Canon PIXMA iP2770) in the search box and select the name from the query suggestions list.
- Click on the ‘Download’ option to download the drivers.
- Once you complete the downloading, you will have the save the setup file on your computer system.
- Just double-click on the driver file.
Method 2: Canon Printer Drivers Download via Device Manager
You can also manually update the outdated Canon printer drivers in your Windows computer using the built-in Device Manager tool. Here are the steps that you have to follow.
- Right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager from the quick access menu.
- After Device Manager opens, expand the Printers/ Print queues
- Right-click on the name of your printer device and select the “Update Driver Software”
- From the available options, choose the one that says Search Automatically for the Updated Driver Software.
- Now, Windows operating system will attempt to locate the latest available driver update for the printer that you selected.
- Once found, the update wizard will download or install Canon printer drivers on your device.
Method 3: Install the Canon Printer Driver
Go through the given instructions to install a USB printer for both Windows and iOS systems:
- Click the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Open Settings. Click the Settings gear in the lower-left side of the window.
- Click Devices. You’ll find it at the top of the Settings window.
- Click Printers & scanners. This tab is on the left side of the window.
- Click ＋ Add a printer or scanner. It’s at the top of the page. Doing so opens a pop-up window.
- Click your printer’s name. It should be in the pop-up window. Doing so will prompt your computer to connect to the printer.
- Once the connection process is complete, you’ll be able to use the printer from your computer.
Try installing the printer with a USB cable. If you didn’t see your printer in the Add window, you may be able to install the printer by connecting it to your computer with a cable:
- Attach your printer to your computer with a USB-to-USB cable.
- Wait for the installation window to appear.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Method 4: Update Canon Printer Drivers:
- Press Windows ‘key’ and ‘R’ buttons simultaneously to open the ‘Run’ window.
- In the dialogue box, you should type “devmgmt.msc”
- Next, you need to look for your printer which is available under ‘Print Queues’.
- Once you find out the canon printer, double-click on it.
- On the menu section, go to the ‘Update Driver’ option.
- Select the ‘Search automatically’ option to update driver software.
- After that, you should give a quick restart to your computer system.
Here, you will get to know the exact process to download, install and update the drivers for your devices without any hassles.